MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I copied this pic from EBAY. I now see the tab has to be removed then smoothed out. Can I use a Dremel to do this work?
TAB.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I copied this pic from EBAY. I now see the tab has to be removed then smoothed out. Can I use a Dremel to do this work?
View attachment 17822
If you look down into the frame, there's actually a little rectangular hole, and it looks like this tab should slide right in. Another member reported his did just that. Mine didn't, and instead of hogging out the hole in the frame (expensive, and irreplaceable), I elected to remove the tab from the $27 part. I could have just hit the edges of the tab, but if I was going, I was going all the way.

I could have used a file, but I took a sanding drum in my dremel and smoothed it off (I'm impatient that way) Once it was smooth, I took 600 grit and then 1000 grit sandpaper and made it nice and shiny smooth (I'm anal that way). And then I hit it with Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black to color it (because I'm really anal that way. I mean, who's going to see it?) Popped right into place.

As I said, give it a test fit before anything else. Yours might pop right in. Worst case, you remove the tab. Good luck, and let me know if you need anything else. I think the pictures show the SHB seated nicely, but if you need any other pics, let me know.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Scott, I currently have a Glock style APEX trigger in my M&P, along with a spring kit. Can that trigger and spring kit still be used when I install the new sear and trigger bar?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Scott, I currently have a Glock style APEX trigger in my M&P, along with a spring kit. Can that trigger and spring kit still be used when I install the new sear and trigger bar?
I think so, but I'll check. Give me a day or so and I'll swap one onto my trigger bar and report back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, I did a little experimentation, and here's what I found.

First, Apex Tactical list two different model numbers for the trigger kit for the M&P (100-026) and the M&P 2.0 (100-126).

I took the Action Enhancement Trigger (just the trigger shoe) from one of my other M&P's (I run it in a couple) and moved it over to the M2.0 trigger bar, and then dropped it into the gun. NO GO. The trigger doesn't move far enough to trip the sear. The actual trigger shoe stops the trigger bar just as it contact the sear actuator lever.

Here's a picture of the trigger shoe bottomed out against the frame:

And here's where the trigger bar stops:

You can see the trigger bar needs to move just a bit farther to release the sear.

So, I went back to the stock trigger shoe, and all is well.

Looks like you'll need a M2.0 specific trigger shoe; I'm going to call Apex tomorrow to discuss. I'd like an Action Enhancement Trigger for my 1.0/2.0 hybrid.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If you're hot for a 2.0 trigger in your 1.0, you could always just buy a 2.0 trigger bar (and trigger, obviously) and a 2.0 sear housing block and drop them into your 1.0. I did just this thing, and am loving the 2.0 trigger in my "hybrid."
I now want to buy the 2.0 parts to make my 1 0 M&P 40's trigger feel like a 2.0 trigger. It currently has an APEX trigger in it. Can l keep the APEX trigger and bar in my 1.0, or will l need to buy the 2.0 trigger and bar as well?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I now want to buy the 2.0 parts to make my 1 0 M&P 40's trigger feel like a 2.0 trigger. It currently has an APEX trigger in it. Can l keep the APEX trigger and bar in my 1.0, or will l need to buy the 2.0 trigger and bar as well?
If you go to the FREESTONE ARMORY store on Ebay and ask the guy who answers their messages, he will be able to tell you for sure. Not to slight anybody else, but he KNOWS what he is talkin about and has been very helpful to me with just such parts questions. Super reliable outfit. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them and it's always just as he promises.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If you go to the FREESTONE ARMORY store on Ebay and ask the guy who answers their messages, he will be able to tell you for sure. Not to slight anybody else, but he KNOWS what he is talkin about and has been very helpful to me with just such parts questions. Super reliable outfit. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them and it's always just as he promises.
Thank You Sir.
I went back an re-read ScottNH's reply about using the APEX trigger. He showed examples of it NOT working. So, I went ahead and ordered a 2.0 trigger and trigger bar assembly.
I can't wait to have a Hybrid 1.0/2.0 triggered M&P 40.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank You Sir.
I went back an re-read ScottNH's reply about using the APEX trigger. He showed examples of it NOT working. So, I went ahead and ordered a 2.0 trigger and trigger bar assembly.
I can't wait to have a Hybrid 1.0/2.0 triggered M&P 40.
Oh oops. I should have read more carefully. Sorry :)

It's just I've become a fan of freestone Armory. I've bought a dozen parts from them and the guy always has responded to my messages with patient, super detailed, super helpful answers, even pointing me to another seller who had a part that he didn't once.

Trying to get him some business :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I think so, but I'll check. Give me a day or so and I'll swap one onto my trigger bar and report back.
Scott, I received my 2.0 trigger and sear today.
Question; Should I use the APEX trigger spring I currently have installed, or the 2.0 trigger spring?
2.0.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I received my 2.0 parts today and installed them. Prior to installing the SHB, I had to sand down the lug on the bottom.
After getting everything installed ths trigger feels just like a 2.0 M& P now.
But, there's that feeling of the trigger riding over bumps before it fires. Which APEX kit with the safety plunger AM l going to need to get rid of that "riding over a speed bump" feeling?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
ScottNH, I have been trying to get you to reply to my posts, but you must not get on here too often.
I called APEX today and talked to them about my trigger. They suggested the USB to fix the gritty feel. So, l ordered it. After l install it l will reply back here about it. If it fixes the gritty trigger l will be ordering more of them for my other M&P's.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
ScottNH, I have been trying to get you to reply to my posts, but you must not get on here too often.
I called APEX today and talked to them about my trigger. They suggested the USB to fix the gritty feel. So, l ordered it. After l install it l will reply back here about it. If it fixes the gritty trigger l will be ordering more of them for my other M&P's.
I received my USB this morning and installed it. I took the M&P to my outdoor range and fired 100 rds. of FMJ ammo. The trigger is as smooth as silk and very crisp now. It's better than my 2.0 M&P Compacts trigger. It's 4.5 lbs. right on the nose (after 4 test pulls).
The once 1.0 is now an 1.5 Hybrid with 2.0 parts and an USB. I now call it my Ultimate Tack Driver. :cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Every 1,0 trigger I've had has been decent and left as is, and every 2.0 trigger I've had is heavy and gritty and was changed out immediately with Apex parts.
I'm still waiting to see one of those "new and Improved" stellar 2.0 triggers.
Well, I now have one in my Hybrid 1.5. Thanks to member ScottNH. ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
YMMV. I've shot, inspected or worked on dozens of 2.0s and not one has had a gritty trigger. The 2020 manufactured guns' triggers are even shorter and crisper than the older ones.
This is true.
My Compact 2.0 40's trigger is the BEST trigger S&W has ever made.........Until the just recently released Shield Plus trigger. My friend bought one and I was super impressed with this new trigger. I despise Shield type guns, but wanted to see how this newly designed trigger felt.
I hope S&W offers this new trigger for sale to the public, soon!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I received my USB this morning and installed it. I took the M&P to my outdoor range and fired 100 rds. of FMJ ammo. The trigger is as smooth as silk and very crisp now. It's better than my 2.0 M&P Compacts trigger. It's 4.5 lbs. right on the nose (after 4 test pulls).
The once 1.0 is now an 1.5 Hybrid with 2.0 parts and an USB. I now call it my Ultimate Tack Driver. :cool:
The Apex striker block and sear, along with their included springs, are all that I install in my carry M&Ps. Changing out those two parts results in the best bang for your buck in improving the trigger pull.

I still have the stock triggers in all my various M&P models. Just replacing the trigger with any aftermarket one, while leaving all the other ignition parts stock, really doesn’t do much.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
So swapping these two parts gets you to the stock 2.0 feel correct? Then this allows the use of 2.0 apex parts if wanted as well?
I can’t say that; as I don’t own any 2.0 models. That said; I’ll bet these two mods give a better trigger pull than a stock 2.0 model.

Does a 2.0 M&P9 come with a grit free trigger pull of 3.5 pounds? That's what my “1.0” one has after installing the Apex parts, and keeping the stock trigger.

As far as using 2.0 parts in a “1.0” pistol after (or before) adding the Apex parts; I have no idea. I like the features of my “1.0” models, along with the various mods I’ve done, and have no interest in buying any 2.0 models.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts