MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I copied this pic from EBAY. I now see the tab has to be removed then smoothed out. Can I use a Dremel to do this work?
TAB.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I copied this pic from EBAY. I now see the tab has to be removed then smoothed out. Can I use a Dremel to do this work?
View attachment 17822
If you look down into the frame, there's actually a little rectangular hole, and it looks like this tab should slide right in. Another member reported his did just that. Mine didn't, and instead of hogging out the hole in the frame (expensive, and irreplaceable), I elected to remove the tab from the $27 part. I could have just hit the edges of the tab, but if I was going, I was going all the way.

I could have used a file, but I took a sanding drum in my dremel and smoothed it off (I'm impatient that way) Once it was smooth, I took 600 grit and then 1000 grit sandpaper and made it nice and shiny smooth (I'm anal that way). And then I hit it with Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black to color it (because I'm really anal that way. I mean, who's going to see it?) Popped right into place.

As I said, give it a test fit before anything else. Yours might pop right in. Worst case, you remove the tab. Good luck, and let me know if you need anything else. I think the pictures show the SHB seated nicely, but if you need any other pics, let me know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Scott, I currently have a Glock style APEX trigger in my M&P, along with a spring kit. Can that trigger and spring kit still be used when I install the new sear and trigger bar?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Scott, I currently have a Glock style APEX trigger in my M&P, along with a spring kit. Can that trigger and spring kit still be used when I install the new sear and trigger bar?
I think so, but I'll check. Give me a day or so and I'll swap one onto my trigger bar and report back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK, I did a little experimentation, and here's what I found.

First, Apex Tactical list two different model numbers for the trigger kit for the M&P (100-026) and the M&P 2.0 (100-126).

I took the Action Enhancement Trigger (just the trigger shoe) from one of my other M&P's (I run it in a couple) and moved it over to the M2.0 trigger bar, and then dropped it into the gun. NO GO. The trigger doesn't move far enough to trip the sear. The actual trigger shoe stops the trigger bar just as it contact the sear actuator lever.

Here's a picture of the trigger shoe bottomed out against the frame:

And here's where the trigger bar stops:

You can see the trigger bar needs to move just a bit farther to release the sear.

So, I went back to the stock trigger shoe, and all is well.

Looks like you'll need a M2.0 specific trigger shoe; I'm going to call Apex tomorrow to discuss. I'd like an Action Enhancement Trigger for my 1.0/2.0 hybrid.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts