MP-Pistol Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys,

The 10-8 Performance Web store was closed during SHOT Show as there was no one there to process orders. It is now open and there are sights in stock.

The 10-8 sight blade is thick enough to accept tritium vials, as that was a design parameter of the sight.

Night sight configuration is as variable as favorite ice cream flavors. I prefer a plain black rear sight for most purposes as anything on the rear sight is distracting to me. The front tritium dot in rear U-notch works very well for me since the U acts like half a ghost ring for fast sight alignment.

In low light, at close distances, simply placing the front sight dot on the target should solve most close range encounters. Anything further out, we recommend using white light. Remember that in most lighting conditions, if it is too dark to see your sights, it is likely too dark to identify your target. There are, of course, a very narrow band of conditions where this is not true, but we are slicing percentages...

Stay safe and thanks for all your support,

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks to my various customers who have posted information here - your support is highly appreciated! I'd like to directly address a few points brought up here:

- The sight blade is thick enough for the traditional 2 dot configuration. This particular sight variant unfortunately does not support the single dot underneath the rear notch (Heinie Straight Eight), which was an oversight on my part during the design process. This will be changed in future production runs of the sight.

- If you'd like tritium on the sight (again, the current M&P sights only support 2 dots), simply call Trijicon's Tooltech division at (248) 628-1811 for a quote. They will do the entire install, with a quick turnaround and impeccable workmanship. You can pick the size of the inserts (.060 or .075), white outline or no outline.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Top notch quality from 10-8!

I didn’t have anything handy to drift out the old sight... or drift in the new one for that matter. I used 20 some golf tees and a lot of choice words. A nice quality wood or synthetic punch would have been the ticket. YMMV of course, but golf tees don’t hold up very well against my 2lbs mallet

Anyway, since the other photos didn’t show the front sight very well, I figure I’d take a few of my own. I got loads of practice with this trying to focus on the front sight post while still having a visible ghost ring on an AR15. You know, how it would look if you were actually trying to shoot with the thing.

After 1k rounds in a weekend with the stock sights, it’s going to be a bit rough to transition. Then again the features built into the sight that allow full single handed ambidextrous function are more than enough motivation to “learn it, live it, love it”

Not to mention the concept of putting the ball in the U is... well its just amazingly simple.

And a quick photoshop, the sight combination over a B29R target

·
Registered
16 Posts
Highly Recomended

I've had Hilton's 10-8 sight on the back of my M&P9c for about 3 weeks and am very impressed. I like it much better than the factory rear. I emaild Hilton with some questions and he responded within a day. He also shipped the sight the same day I ordered it. When he revises the sight to take a tritium vial on the bottom I will probably buy one for my duty M&P40. I would definitely recomend it to anyone who's interested!

Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
front match for your AWESOME 10-8...?

Hilton -

Your rear sight looks perfect
- would this front work without compromising the original target trajectory (Dawson Precision M&P Tritium Front Sight, .125 Wide X .180 tall) ?

Any other front trintium or other night sight combination suggestions with your 10-8 would be greatly appreciated as well -

THANK YOU!

ps. just learned that the XS Standard Size (not Big Dot) Front night sight IS available for the M&P 40 - the height is .275 - too high for the standard rear sight? or not...?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will:

Sorry for the very delayed reply, but I do not check in here all the time. It is best to direct questions directly to me via my website and email. My rear sight is designed around the factory height front sight, which is .140" tall. Dawson offers a .160" tall x .125" wide front that is supposed to work with the factory fixed rear. I would recommend that sight rather than the .180" front. Kenny Dickerson at Speed Shooters Specialty also stocks my sight and has blank and fiber optic sights. He can get you fixed up with whatever you need.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got my 10-8 rear this week and already installed it. I will go to the range this weekend.

The instructions said to use blue loctite, but the factory used red loctite. What color do I use?

·
Registered
12 Posts
love that style of the rear sight, I shot a ruger with a U shaped raer sight, I love my M&P40 but not the rear site. I'll have to get one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Use Blue Loctite 242. The red thread locker that's applied as a pretreatment by the screw manufacturers does not bond in the same manner as liquid that an end user can apply (ie. it may not work that great). Be careful to only apply on the left side of the dovetail and the screw channel, and keep away from the right side where the striker plunger is housed. It's happened where folks got a little too excited and ended up bonding their striker plunger in place. Good thing blue Loctite comes off...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks Hilton for the info and for a great rear sight. I did use the blue loctite. I took my M&P9 out today and ran through a bit of ammo with the new sight and all I have to say is Damn. This sight is awesome. The 9 runs 100 times better then it did before. It does not hurt that the factory front is now centered. It is dead on now. Before I liked my SigPro 2022 in 9mm better, but I think that is rapidly changing. I was actually considering getting rid of the M&P before today and decided to try the 10-8 sights and now I am in love. My Sig is not going to like that.

Thanks again Hilton

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I've had this 10-8 sight sitting in my gun cabinet for over a month awaiting the arrival of my compact from S&W. I first saw this sight in person on Tim Lau's M&P and I ordered one soon after that. The sight picture was awesome. I lined it up against a white background and was instantly impressed, but now I'm having second thoughts about that plain rear on a dark background. Even the photos of the members on this forum feature light backgrounds. I have one pistol with a plain rear and the sight picture sucks on a dark background as the rear sight gets lost. So now I am reluctantly considering sending this puppy in to trijicon for some inserts. What do you guys think?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
190 Posts
While I have a 10-8 sight on my 1911, I tried one on LAV's MP45 and didnt care for it. Odd

·
Registered
53 Posts
I pretty much only shoot dark silhouettes and have no issue

in low light and no light, I find that a quality white light source is perfect, I can see the silhouette of the sights and im blinding my target...

I'll see if I can whip up some M&P night pics for you at some point

·
Registered
343 Posts
Tried out the 10-8 sight today...The M&P should come with these sights from the factory. I am using the standard front sight and it's really easy to focus on the front sight now. Fit and finish is top notch!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts