MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using the Warren rear sight for quite a while now. I never could get used to it. So I finally changed to a 10-8 rear sight. I like it much better. My sight acquisition is faster. My long distance accuracy is better. Overall, it just works better for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
YukonGlocker, why do you feel that your sight acquisition is faster? Do you think it's the serrations? I have a Warren rear Trijicon front and use it in IDPA and am curious. When I use it on IDPA targets I have no problem seeing the rear clearly but it gets a little lost when shooting black colored steel or black paper targets.

Thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not that I feel it is faster. It is faster for me. No, it's not the serrations.

The flat plane on top of the 10-8 just works better for me.

I compete in IPSC. For some reason, the contoured top of the Warren just played tricks with my eyes. With the 10-8 rear, I can just quickly focus on the front sight, and get an accurate hit at any distance. With the Warren rear, I'm not exactly sure what my problem was; but I think my eyes were seeing more, so they would try to focus on more than just the front sight.

I'm sure the Warren is a great sight for many people. It's just not for me.

Ohhh, I'm using a Hi-Viz fiber optic front.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
APS said:
...it gets a little lost when shooting black colored steel or black paper targets.

Thanks,

Adam
I know what you mean. On a lighter background like in the pic in this thread, the sight picture is awesome, but against a dark background I personally have issues. I will eventually be sending my still unmounted 10-8 rear sight to Trijicon's Tooltech division to have the smallest tritium inserts put in to give me some sort of rear sight reference. It will be expensive, but will just have to come out of my gun fund. :?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh, until you pointed it out YG I didn't notice the difference on the sight top...

choochboost, sounds like a good idea. The small vial would probably not interfere with your quick sight picture but will be there if you need it. I think I may email them to find out what it would cost.

Adam

·
Registered
403 Posts
I bought a Warren and just didn't care for it. I'm sure it is a fine sight for most but personally it obscured way too much of the front sight for my taste. I like a much larger rear notch on my sights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts