MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about a 1911 chambered in 10mm?

I really want a 10mm. The Glock 20 will not fit my hands; so I think a 1911 would be good.

Thoughts???

·
Registered
79 Posts
I love 10mm shooting. This is the ultimate semiauto cartridge IMHO. The perfomance beats all including the venerable .45 of which I have 3 1911's and a MP45. I have a Witness Elite Match in 10mm and it has been a flawless and extremely accurate shooter. I know that there have been many complaints about the Witness line including some I have had on my other witness guns. They all needed some deburring and polishing to run reliably but for $250.00 to $325.00 each I really didn't mind giving them the little extra they needed to be truly reliable and fun shooting guns.

The Witness Elite Match come from their custom shop and I was very Impressed with the fits, feel, and it is a sweet looking firearm. I too have trouble with most guns fitting my short fingered hand and the SAO Elite Match fits nearly as good as my 1911's. Seeing as 10mm is a standard caliber for Tanfoglio there isn't the untra high premium some other manufacturers charge for a gun in 10mm. I paid $550.00 for a very sweet 10mm.

Some say that 10mm has way too much recoil but that is a very subjective statement. Some of us like the feel of a nice report that is very managable, at least too me. Even with the hard hitting DoubleTap +P rounds.

The number one item on my wish list is a M&P 10mm. The way my MP45 shoots and feels taming the recoil of +P .45 rounds I am sure the excellent 10mm would be fine for so many more shooters who are recoil sensitive. With the advent of making the M&P in .45 caliber it now has room for 10mm rounds. I am just not sure if the design can handle the pressures of the round.

It may never come about but I will be one of the first to buy an M&P 10mm.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Nothing wrong with having firepower like that! But that is MO, I am a huge fan of big cals though.

A 10mm 1911, think I might have to look into one for myself!!! :wink:

ZB338 said:
They are loud, kick like hell and make a lot of noise.

Zeke

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
finalfusion said:
Nothing wrong with having firepower like that! But that is MO, I am a huge fan of big cals though.

[quote name='ZB338']They are loud, kick like hell and make a lot of noise.

Zeke
[/quote]

trying to make up for something kris????
8)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Oh its you again
Some men like little guns, some like all guns especially with alot of power .......there you have it :wink:

101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='finalfusion']Nothing wrong with having firepower like that! But that is MO, I am a huge fan of big cals though.

[quote name='ZB338']They are loud, kick like hell and make a lot of noise.

Zeke
[/quote]

trying to make up for something kris????
8)[/quote]

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm also thinking about a Glock 20 with a grip reduction.

I'm just not sure if the grip can be reduced enough to fit me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dan Wesson makes a few 10mm 1911 models - a couple of full size and I think maybe a couple of smaller Commander size. I think Bud's carries them.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
For the man that has everything!!

10mm ammo... 30.00

Extra mags... 50.00

gun... 750.00

The look on your face when the recoil just about snaps your wrist... PRICELESS!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Got to love a kick like that, kind of like the first time I fired off my 454 casull, luckily I warmed up with the 45 LC's....lmao

coltman1985 said:
For the man that has everything!!

10mm ammo... 30.00

Extra mags... 50.00

gun... 750.00

The look on your face when the recoil just about snaps your wrist... PRICELESS!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have been working on my own personal carry 1911 for about 3 yrs now, not because it is that cool just because I don't have that much time for my own stuff. But anyway it is a commander's slide on an officer's frame with a 10mm bull barrel. Should be about perfect for summer carry. I love 10mm, they are loud but I don't think the recoil is that bad.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
thedude said:
I think a 10mm Springfield TRP would be my ultimate 1911.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Kimber Eclipse Custom 2? I think that's runner up to a 10mm TRP.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/eclip...lipsecustom.php

I don't care for the firing pin safety on the kimbers and series 80's. Springfield is ok with their proprietary firing pin, and easily replaceable MSH.

I'm a big fan of Springfield Armory 1911's if it doesn't show.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
+1 on Springfields!! I have only owned one other that was not a Springer, Para P-14 double stack. Did not like the double stack at all, not a bad shooter though.

Anyone have the Springer Operator w/full rail??? Please post pics, she will be the absolute next on my 1911 list!

Jester said:
[quote name='thedude']I think a 10mm Springfield TRP would be my ultimate 1911.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Kimber Eclipse Custom 2? I think that's runner up to a 10mm TRP.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/eclip...lipsecustom.php

I don't care for the firing pin safety on the kimbers and series 80's. Springfield is ok with their proprietary firing pin, and easily replaceable MSH.

I'm a big fan of Springfield Armory 1911's if it doesn't show.[/quote]

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yukon,

I know you have your eye on that Kimber but have you looked at the STI guns. I personally think they are much more gun than a kimber. I haven't had a chance to personally go over one of these yet but I hear they are nearly impossible to beat for the price:

http://www.stiguns.com/guns/Spartan/Spartan.html

then there is the trojan which is closer to the kimber you were looking at but it can be had in your choice of caliber.

http://www.stiguns.com/guns/Trojan5/Trojan5.html

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yes. I have given serious thought to the Trojan.

What are your thoughts on the cast frame? That is one of the reasons I was thinking about the Kimber was the forged frame. Although I'm not sure if it's an issue or not. Whatever I get will probably end up with a 10mm barrel; so I keep that in mind.

What do you know about the small parts in the Trojan? Are they cast or machined?

Does the Trojan use a ramped barrel?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts