MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
M&p 2.0 10mm the lords caliber
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a hollosun 508t when I bought my optics ready mp 2.0 10mm. I tried it out but quickly went back to iron sights just until I got use to the gun which I did after 1.5 months, so I decided to put the green dot back on and I probably used it twice since doing so, well Friday I was at the range and started shooting and all of a sudden I get hit in the head with something so I look down and to my surprise I no longer have a optic mounted to my gun and even worse it seared the screws off flush with the mounting platform pic included. Just curious has this happened to anyone else is it the optic or is 10mm to much for these optics. I will say it came with two different size screw options both with blue thread lock but I used the smaller set of screws because of some reviews I seen about the longer screws getting into the action and causing problems on that end. Also if you have any tips for me to try and get these screws out I would appreciate that
Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Vehicle Carbon

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am guessing it shot loose,I used blue locktite at first and it came loose, then went to red and my optic has stayed tight and secure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
S&W design putts all the stress from recoil and the slides operation on the screws them selves. In some ways this is better then a Glock MOS system but with a 10mm the stress may be too much. When you get those removed, I would course the best screws you can and not the screws that come with the gun or the sight

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a hollosun 508t when I bought my optics ready mp 2.0 10mm. I tried it out but quickly went back to iron sights just until I got use to the gun which I did after 1.5 months, so I decided to put the green dot back on and I probably used it twice since doing so, well Friday I was at the range and started shooting and all of a sudden I get hit in the head with something so I look down and to my surprise I no longer have a optic mounted to my gun and even worse it seared the screws off flush with the mounting platform pic included. Just curious has this happened to anyone else is it the optic or is 10mm to much for these optics. I will say it came with two different size screw options both with blue thread lock but I used the smaller set of screws because of some reviews I seen about the longer screws getting into the action and causing problems on that end. Also if you have any tips for me to try and get these screws out I would appreciate that View attachment 19327

Trijicon .....Quality hmmmmm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts