MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got a good deal on reputable store bought remanufactured 9mm 125 grain lead loads. I know glocks and lead are a no no. Any information on Lead and MP's?. This stuff works well in my BHP's, Kimbers, CZ's, Sigs and Berettas

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Lead bullets should work fine, but you have to be extremely careful with buying reloaded ammunition, there is a lot of junk out there, about 95%+ of what is available should be avoided. Personally the ONLY remanufactured (reloaded) ammo that I would even consider is Black Hills.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G56 said:
Lead bullets should work fine, but you have to be extremely careful with buying reloaded ammunition, there is a lot of junk out there, about 95%+ of what is available should be avoided. Personally the ONLY remanufactured (reloaded) ammo that I would even consider is Black Hills.

that is a good point-this stuff is sold at a couple major sporting chains and at a range I shoot at and I have never heard of problem

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Even when it's sold at a lot of different places, that doesn't necessarily mean it's any good, as an example, American Ammunition, aka Amerc, is probably some of the worst ammo you can buy, Amerc has probably KB'd more Glock 40's than any other ammo, but I don't think they do any reloading, only new ammo.

One good rule of thumb, NEVER buy reloaded ammo at a gun show, or any ammo that doesn't clearly show who made it, no zip lock bags etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G56 said:
Even when it's sold at a lot of different places, that doesn't necessarily mean it's any good, as an example, American Ammunition, aka Amerc, is probably some of the worst ammo you can buy, Amerc has probably KB'd more Glock 40's than any other ammo, but I don't think they do any reloading, only new ammo.

One good rule of thumb, NEVER buy reloaded ammo at a gun show, or any ammo that doesn't clearly show who made it, no zip lock bags etc.

that is a good point. I have bought some stuff like that but its from gun show dealers who have been at the same shows for 15 years. The stuff in question is "Ultramax" ammo. I shot 50 from a new CZ 75 Police model and my newest MP today-no problems VG accuracy

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Ultramax is a mixed bag, not the worst, but not the best either, certainly a lot better than getting some no name stuff at the gun show!

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
used magtec remanufactured in my XD about 2 years ago, and worked fine, and still use some of the brass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts