MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have shot ton of it out of one of my 1911. But I was running them at 910fps. I like to have a good margin :wink:

I did shoot a few through some M&Ps and they seemed to work fine but I didn't really do accuracy testing, more to just to see if the loads would run the gun. They do

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was at the range yesterday and shot some 147gr cast at 930fps. I was having some problems with keyholing, as close as 5 yards away.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Slowing them down isn't going to stop Keyholeing. You will need either another bullet or another barrel.

I remember now shooting some out of Yamil's gun at 10 yds no problems, but I know his gun liked WWB beter for group size.

·
Registered
64 Posts
sandman said:
I was at the range yesterday and shot some 147gr cast at 930fps. I was having some problems with keyholing, as close as 5 yards away.

I seem to be getting some keyholing with my 147gr loads too.

Zero 147gr JHP

Titegroup 3.35gr

WSP

1.125" OAL

Speer once fired brass

I haven't investigated further with the load. Just got married and was shooting in the GA State match this past weekend. I'm not liking the fact that I may have to rebarrel the gun to get rid of the issue though. = I have two M&P 9mm pistols set up for USPSA Production and wanted to shoot a 147gr load for the soft recoil benefits. I've shot up all my Zero 115gr JPH loads I worked up over Titegroup 4.7gr. Those thigns were dead on accurate but to damn snappy for me.

Kevin

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah matter of fact

i'm shooting 147's, precision Delta's at about 877 give or take a little..

titegroup 3.4 1.150 oal. .379 .380 crimp mixed brass Win SR primers.

Shoot great.. i had them a tad lighter but got 127 at the chrono and bumped it up a little.. had 129.5 at the last match..

I won't say it the most accurate load but it's ok for Production. 13lb spring stainless rod, going to tungsteon though.. i like the front weight..

No keyholing no problems cycling, shoots pretty soft.

Mouse.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Keyholing 147 Zero's are not rare. I think a couple of years ago they changed something and where they used to shoot great in my CZ they started going sideways. At the same time 2 other people noticed the same problem (one of them USPSA Production GM). I switched heads and the problem went away. Ever since then I keep on hearing people having problems with Zero's so I never had a need to go back and with their current prices I would be mad to go back. On the other hand, pleanty of guns shoot them fine. I think their design plays well with some barrels and really badly with others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts