MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a reason not to shoot Federal HST 147gr or Gold dot 147gr ammo in an M39-2? I am not asking about ballistics or effectiveness. I just want to know if it might harm the gun. The one I have is in pristine condition and I certainly don't want to harm it in any way.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thank you both for your replies. I didn't think there would be any problem. I knew the rounds were standard pressure, but I don't think 147gr rounds existed when the gun was designed. I couldn't think of a reason the heavier bullet would be a problem, but I am old enough now that I realize that I don't always know everything

Now I need to see if they will feed alright in the gun. I have a couple of boxes of HST 147gr to try out. The bad thing is that I have do drive over an hour to get to a place to shoot. I live in a county where there are no shooting ranges. The local loonies will not let anyone build a range. Even the LEOs have to go to another county to shoot.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For what it's worth

I took my M39-2 to the range today and shot 48 rounds of HST 147gr, 48 rounds of HST 124gr and 16 rounds of Gold Dot 124gr. All standard pressure.

All worked well except for one malfunction with the HST 124gr. The slide locked open after 7 rounds leaving one part way out of the magazine. I have no explanation. It happend in the first 8 rounds and didn't happen again. I could find nothing wrong with that magazine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts