MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to order a 15T. In light of how similar the smiths are to the stags (eg same lower manufacturer), would a Stag upper mount easily on the 15T lower? How about other stag accessories? I want the 15T now but would like to get a 20" barrel with an upper forend more apt for long range dog shooting later.

I'm very new to ARs so give me a break if I'm way off base here. I also want at this time the smith instead of just a stag lower.

Thanks.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
No problem, the modular nature of the AR platform makes it very versatile.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Am I correct that the smith model ARs don't have any proprietary quirks that would prevent swapping uppers and lowers between other manufacturers' models (assuming caliber remains the same)? I haven't seen any pics online of frankenstine ARs with MP parts on them. Just want to be completely sure that smith's products are as versatile as other companies' are. The 15T seems like a good bargain with all of its accessories but I want to build upon its lower in the future so I get more than one rifle out of it:eek:ne for defense and one for long range varmit hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts