MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 15T has the one sling attachment at the bottom of the stock. Am I correct that there aren't any slings available that attach only at that point? A single point sling hooks somewhere in the middle of the rifle, right? I assume I need a DD attachment to hook to the side of the rail for the second point for a two point sling which I'm leaning toward, right? ($30 to 40 for that one attachment seems kind high to me.) Been reviewing pics and posts about slings over at ARF.com but there's so many different configurations out there that it's become overwhelming. Just need some straight advice from others with 15Ts or at least ARs with railed forarms.



Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
From the gasblock in the front to the buttstock (typically).



ETA: sorry, read all you wrote, but brain didn't fire properly (i'm on nights this weekend and into next week, so...)



http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...amp;isFirearm=Y



look @ the rear and bottom of the buttstock... a sling hooks there but there isn't a gasblock sling mount in the front of the 15T, oddly... so, i'm not sure
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
I'll be following this thread closely as well. It does seem that there are a lot of choices and at the prices, I want to get it right the first time. IIRC there was an earlier thread on this topic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
Slings are really a personal choice. Some like single point slings, while others like 2 point or even 3 point.



Here is my personal opinion on it and it comes from spending hundreds of hours of training with various slings.



If your running an SBR (10.5-11.5) and want the weapon for shooting out of vehicles and CQB, a single point sling might be the best choice for you.



For just about everything else and to include SBR's, I run the BFG Vickers 2 point sling. I have also become fond of the DD rail mount and receiver plate that puts the sling at the 6 o'clock position.



The reason why I like this setup so much is because for transitioning from shoulder to shoulder, it is very simple and easy. When you attach the sling at the buttstock, it generally gets wrapped around the shooters neck. This is of course a bad thing.



I like BFG slings the best because they use the best webbing and connectors available. They have options that you will not find anywhere else.





C4





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grant,



From you site, http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/comme...category%3DBFGE, what are the "QD Sling Swivels" this Blue Force model comes with? My guts telling me they don't include the rail or receiver plates or other mounting hardware to connect to the rifle but I don't understand why vickers would sell this without also selling the pieces to actually mount it on a rifle. Maybe I'm missing something in the description of the product. Does Vickers recommend some additional components that I need to buy so this thing just plugs right in?



Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
onebohemian said:
Grant,



From you site, http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/comme...category%3DBFGE, what are the "QD Sling Swivels" this Blue Force model comes with? My guts telling me they don't include the rail or receiver plates or other mounting hardware to connect to the rifle but I don't understand why vickers would sell this without also selling the pieces to actually mount it on a rifle. Maybe I'm missing something in the description of the product. Does Vickers recommend some additional components that I need to buy so this thing just plugs right in?



Thanks,


No sling on the market comes with mounts to attach it to a weapon. Why? There are too many options for that. The manufacturer also never knows how you have your weapon setup (fixed stock, collapsible, rail, no rail, etc).



The BFG Vickers sling comes in many flavors. The on pictured above is actually referred to by Vickers as the "G&R Tactical" version as we are the ones that requested this configuration with the dual swivels sewn into the sling.



We are hear to help you with your weapon layout so if you have any questions about how to install a sling like this and what options you have, we can help.





C4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
getsome said:
[quote name='tigs40cal']



This one Grant installed for me. It works great and adjustment is a breeze


you need to add this mount to your setup....






[/quote]



lmao I need a second job to keep up with some of yall
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,268 Posts
why? Just why?

Why ould you want to attach a pistol calber wepon, i.e. the glock, tp a pistol caliber weapon, i.e. mp5? Attaching it to the ar I can sort of see, but not the other?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Re: why? Just why?

Whoknew72 said:
Why ould you want to attach a pistol calber wepon, i.e. the glock, tp a pistol caliber weapon, i.e. mp5? Attaching it to the ar I can sort of see, but not the other?




can you ever have to many guns????????????



sure at the range it would be silly....



but in a cqb situation you can still have fire power while changing out a mag with your other hand....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
Now that is hardcore!! :twisted: :twisted: 8)



getsome said:
[quote name='tigs40cal']



This one Grant installed for me. It works great and adjustment is a breeze


you need to add this mount to your setup....






[/quote]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I'm using the new one point quick release sling and attachment from tactical link, works great in competition, but if you were planning on carrying it all day hunting or something you might want something more supportive. And the cost is a little high too :? I like the positioning, and the quick install.



The system wont let me post the pic in my first post.... but you can find it at the tactical link website





M&P 15T w/ trijicon reflex

M&P .40
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
Re: why? Just why?

getsome said:
[quote name='Whoknew72']Why ould you want to attach a pistol calber wepon, i.e. the glock, tp a pistol caliber weapon, i.e. mp5? Attaching it to the ar I can sort of see, but not the other?




can you ever have to many guns????????????



sure at the range it would be silly....



but in a cqb situation you can still have fire power while changing out a mag with your other hand....[/quote]



Are you actually serious?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Re: why? Just why?

synergy said:
[quote name='getsome'][quote name='Whoknew72']Why ould you want to attach a pistol calber wepon, i.e. the glock, tp a pistol caliber weapon, i.e. mp5? Attaching it to the ar I can sort of see, but not the other?




can you ever have to many guns????????????



sure at the range it would be silly....



but in a cqb situation you can still have fire power while changing out a mag with your other hand....[/quote]



Are you actually serious?[/quote]



yes.. it would look silly at a range....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
Re: why? Just why?

getsome said:
[quote name='synergy'][quote name='getsome'][quote name='Whoknew72']Why ould you want to attach a pistol calber wepon, i.e. the glock, tp a pistol caliber weapon, i.e. mp5? Attaching it to the ar I can sort of see, but not the other?




can you ever have to many guns????????????



sure at the range it would be silly....



but in a cqb situation you can still have fire power while changing out a mag with your other hand....[/quote]



Are you actually serious?[/quote]



yes.. it would look silly at a range....[/quote]



But, you advocate using that to fight with?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top