MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a S&W 15t on layaway. It was the last one they had that was being used as a display. Are people having problems with their 15t that I should know about? Why are people picking the 15a over the 15t. Is it just the price or are the 15t's having problems.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I own a 15A, I chose it over the 15T because I didn't like the long machined hand-guard. Even though that hand-guard is a free float system which allows for better accuracy. So to me it was the cosmetics, not the function. I have heard nothing about the 15T, but great things. So, I think you made a fine choice. I simply like adding my own ideas and toys to my guns and with the 15T, well you have the best toys on it already...

Give us some pics when you get it out...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Isn't it basically a Stag with the S&W logo? I haven't heard anything bad about stag products other than their logo, problem solved with the M&P version. I like the gun and would consider if I wanted another 5.56!!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
coltman1985 said:
Isn't it basically a Stag with the S&W logo? I haven't heard anything bad about stag products other than their logo, problem solved with the M&P version. I like the gun and would consider if I wanted another 5.56!!
At first Stag, helped with the uppers, but then S&W began to do all there 15's in house awhile ago...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I heard that the upper, lower, LPK and etc. are stag components? Nothing wrong with that, of all the AR offerrings in the marketplace only a few make uppers/lowers themselves. I would consider the M&P AR up there with 90% of them. Of course there is a few that make a much nicer rifle, but $ isn't even close to the M&P value.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have an M&P 15T that I absolutely love, other than all the money I spend on putting rounds through it. I love the Troy folding sights. I originally thought it would be nice to have the folding sights because I eventually wanted to put a scope on it but I have to say the Troy sights are awesome. I can zero in and it's very accurate with just the stock sights. I know good eye sight comes into play here but having never fired a rifle with anything except old school iron sights that the Troy sights were incredible. I may just opt for a Remington 700 for the longer than 300 yard shots and forget the scope for less than 300. Really like the quad rail too because I plan to put a bi-pod and/or forward grip on it soon.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a M&P15T on order. I have only heard good things about them. I have not shot a M&P15T yet, but think that it will be a versitile weapon. I know that I want a quad rail and folding sights, so I think it will actually save me money. This will be my first AR15 type rifle. I like the monolythic quad rail design and think that the longer length looks good.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
You have made a very good decision, the 15T is an awesome platform.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I picked up the S&W M&P15T last night. I have not shot it yet, but man, it looks awesome.

It has S&W M&P markings on the folding sights, quad rail, rail covers, collapsable stock, sight adjustment tool, and lower assembly. It came with one magazine and a hard case.

I have never seen a flash hider like this one. It is similar to the bird cage design, but only has vents at the top half of the flash hider.

The quad rail and folding sights are very nice.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
PICS... :wink:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
PICS... :wink:
Sure I can post a few pics when I get a moment, but it may be a better idea to get to a dealer and check one out first hand.

·
Registered
96 Posts
tigs40cal said:
Vents at top only keeps dirt from blowing back in your face when shooting from prone position
Yes, that sounds about right but, I had not seen one like that yet. I am fairly new to AR15s though.

I did take a Carbine Class in Michigan a few weeks ago with a rented AR15 carbine from the instructor. That was a very good way for me to learn more about them.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Outstanding...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I reposted one of the pics because it was not coming up properly. See post above.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
My buddy's 15T is a real monster, folks down the line think he is firing a AR10... Its very loud, but I like that way though...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have only shot about 40 rounds through it so far due to arrive at the range late it getting dark. I was shooting wolf ammo and the flash was not very noticeable.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
tomahawk5 said:
I have only shot about 40 rounds through it so far due to arrive at the range late it getting dark. I was shooting wolf ammo and the flash was not very noticeable.
Thats Wolf, which IMO sucks, but thats a different story for another time... Get a hold of some Lake City SS109's it will light up the line in low light. Wow, nice flash...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts