MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Lean forward ... Between bending your knees and leaning forward, your shooting position should have your eyes at about the same height your shoulders are normally.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
man oh man you were right tons of smoke.. Good vids though-Jason

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I try that also, problem is, our range slants upwards.

Practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
OK, here's my advice.

Bring the weight forward slightly until the balls of your feet are carrying about 60% or more of your mass and are in control of your body orientation and movement.

Bring the shoulders forward. Roughly, you want the rear of the shoulder joint (not the scapula) about in line with the fornt of your pelvic bone. (at least that's the way it works out on my skeleton).

Beyond that, play with the position of your elbows. Try them both rotated lower and higher using the same stance you are using. This will greatly affect what part of you is absorbing the recoil. The elbows should not be locked, but the moder isoscoles stance should be creating natural muscular tension without you doing any real work.

As far as your hands. You Might want to try rotating your thumbs further forward. Your off hand looks like it might be good, but your strong hand looks like it could benefit form a higher gripand being rotated forward slightly. Unfortunately this is hard to tell form heavily compressed video. But you should feel some tension in the muscle in your off hand forearm when you have your grip locked in. Basically form the muscle that is running along the top in that position.

If you can borrow them form someone, the matt burkett DVDs have some decent grip and stance tutorials that are useful.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my strong hand is pretty well locked, the 20 lpi and my index finger are pinching all the rest of the fingers.

The other advice is what I was looking for.

Other is I mostly know what to do, I just need to see me do it, or not..

·
Registered
22 Posts
how come in the second vid you can see the barrel three different times when the slide went back?

optical dillusion or form??? just curious

1 - 8 of 8 Posts