MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get this out of the general discussion forum and avoid hijacking the thread. Below are three pictures highlighting the difference in trigger guards. This is something most people don't notice until they have held two designs at the same time. To me it's something that really effects comfort, and how deep and natural it feels in your hand. The larger the radius the lower it forces your 'expressive' finger to sit and the less natural the grip feels in my hands. I suspect that it's less of a big deal to those with large gorilla like hands.

First up the Springfield Armory TRP with a typical Springer trigger guard...

Next up a Smith & Wesson Doug Koenig Professional with a typical S&W trigger guard...

Finally, although it's harder to see we have a typical Kimber trigger guard...

·
Registered
434 Posts
hard to find these minute details of variation really contribute to ergonomics much more have any effects to handling and accuracy. however the innovation of anterior grips simply cancel the existence of these anomalous abberations IMO. nonetheless i approved your 6th sense on this matter :wink:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
loloy said:
hard to find these minute details of variation really contribute to ergonomics much more have any effects to handling and accuracy. however the innovation of anterior grips simply cancel the existence of these anomalous abberations IMO. nonetheless i approved your 6th sense on this matter :wink:
If you are referring to grips with an anterior or front strap AKA wrap around style, this once again is a fix that only those with large wide receiver like hands can take advantage of. Those of us with stubby fingered size medium hands would find it a challenge. I personally find it ergonomically desirable to have my go to hell finger ride as closely as possible to my bang button finger. On my springer I overcome this challenge through the use of a front activating CT grip which unlike the big and beefy wrap-arounds still leaves my two lower and less expressive fingers a firm grip. None of my other pistols display this foible. Hopefully you grok my where I'm coming from.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Here's how RRAs does it. As high as you can go without undercutting the trigger guard like Bob Rodgers does it.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
czydj said:
I don't seem to see that same lack of relief on this SA model:
You will if you take off the rubber wrap around grip. The front strap covering is masking the radius.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts