MP-Pistol Forum banner

1st 9c Range Report w/pic

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  hammer69 
#1 ·
This was my last target of the day. Distance was 25'-30'. I need some practice, still learning.

See less See more
#2 ·
Everyone needs practice, so don't worry about it... We are all here to learn and get better and that's what you are doing, getting better. :wink:

#4 ·
Dont feel bad mine looks the same if not worse. I am use to shooting single action only and rifles which are nothing like the M&P. Any advice for the both of us on how to practice would be appricated. I dry fire my gun constantly and get it where it never moves but when i shoot at the range it just seems as if the bullets go where they want.

Adam

#5 ·
Adam500 said:
Dont feel bad mine looks the same if not worse. I am use to shooting single action only and rifles which are nothing like the M&P. Any advice for the both of us on how to practice would be appricated. I dry fire my gun constantly and get it where it never moves but when i shoot at the range it just seems as if the bullets go where they want.

Adam

Yup...we are in the same boat...of course its sinking...lol :wink: I have also been spending a lot of time dry firing and trying to get comfortable with my grip. I have been playing with the palm swells some I have shot with the medium and the small. I did better with the small. I am going to try with the large as well. The large doesn't feel the best to my hand, however it does seem to allow me to get the best grip with my support hand, I will try shooting with the large palm swell and find out. Good luck...I would also appreciate any advice or input...

Thanks

Joe

#7 ·
finalfusion said:
looks like you took out the right ball of the perp....nice shot....lol if that isnt effective I dont know what is....lol You hit the target Hammer, it only gets better with practice!!!!
Yeah I planned that shot... :? ....no...that is my special technique to fold him over first then kick him in the head...lol...

I enjoy the practice. I can't wait to go and shoot again...Hopefully tomorrow night

#8 ·
LMAO excellent!!! Yeah shooting gets so addictive yet so damn expensive, especially as of now!! We are all going out sat to the good ol dessert and do a shoot, cant wait myself!!! Have a good one out there. Be safe!

hammer69 said:
[quote name='finalfusion']looks like you took out the right ball of the perp....nice shot....lol if that isnt effective I dont know what is....lol You hit the target Hammer, it only gets better with practice!!!!
Yeah I planned that shot... :? ....no...that is my special technique to fold him over first then kick him in the head...lol...

I enjoy the practice. I can't wait to go and shoot again...Hopefully tomorrow night[/quote]

#9 ·
hammer69 said:
[quote name='Adam500']Dont feel bad mine looks the same if not worse. I am use to shooting single action only and rifles which are nothing like the M&P. Any advice for the both of us on how to practice would be appricated. I dry fire my gun constantly and get it where it never moves but when i shoot at the range it just seems as if the bullets go where they want.

Adam

Yup...we are in the same boat...of course its sinking...lol :wink: I have also been spending a lot of time dry firing and trying to get comfortable with my grip. I have been playing with the palm swells some I have shot with the medium and the small. I did better with the small. I am going to try with the large as well. The large doesn't feel the best to my hand, however it does seem to allow me to get the best grip with my support hand, I will try shooting with the large palm swell and find out. Good luck...I would also appreciate any advice or input...

Thanks

Joe[/quote]

I started out shooting low as well and found snap cap's mixed in with regular ammo to be very revealing in my technique. Somewhere on this site there is a picture of a printable correction target which shows what you’re doing wrong when shooting. Here's the link as well: http://www.sportshooter.com/improving/targetgallery.asp

I'm no expert, but when at the range I started putting the target out to about 10-15 feet and only working that distance until I started to see some improvement in my groupings and POA/POI. In fact I'm still working that distance when I start out for the day, then I go out to 7 yards. I will increase the distance when the consistency gets a little better.

The snap caps, close distance, reading this forum, and practice, practice, practice have helped my shooting considerably.

#10 ·
Shep...thanks for the input and link. I had never thought or heard of putting the snap caps into the magazine with regular ammo. I bet that would be very revealing as to what I am possibly doing wrong. I have thought about going closer but it seems so close to me already that I feel I should be able to hit consistently at this distance.

Thanks

Joe

#11 ·
Update; Well I am up to 445 rounds thru my M&P9C. I have had one Failure to Fire, the primer was pinged and looked normal, just no bang (Blazer Ammo). On two occasions I believe I did not fully seat the magazine and the trigger seemed like it was the mag safety??? Maybe it was me releasing the slide though I was pulling it back but I think I was letting it close slowly holding it, I am not sure exactly how it would act if I the slide was not fully forward??? I have since made sure I have just been pulling back and releasing the slide, no problems since. I love the gun and have had a blast with it so far. Here is a pic of tonights shoot, my last 18 shots of the night, the top ones were at the head..d'oh...I am still learning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.