MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally. After what seemed like forever (honestly 10 days isn't that long although I felt like I was waiting for some results from the doc......thanks D.F.
), I finally got to take my new M&P .40 out to the range. Now look ya'll this is my first gun so feel free to laugh at my overall excitement. Wow! I believe I made the right choice, and thanks to all you guys on the form for helping me with that.
Also with the use of your data and the data I collected firing other .40 caliber autos this gun seemed like a solid choice (it being made in America and having a lifetime warranty also helps).

Recoil was definately less than the glock 22 and it wasn't as much of a flipper like the xd. My placement was great giving especially from a distance. I only put 100 into it (cus the range was about to close) but the all came through the gun with no problems.

One question...is the tool really a pain to get out? I wanted to try the large grip but the darn thing would not budge...I almost went for the pliers but I didn't want to break it on the first day.

I get of earlier manana so it back to the raneg as soon as the bell goes off.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just shot mine for the first time yesterday, so congrats.

The tightness of the tool seems to be a very well known thing. I've used mine twice, and each time have had to use cushioned pliers to twist it off. Maybe it'll get easier or maybe I'll quickly settle on which backstrap I prefer while using something else for disassembly (At least until I tap out the roll pin and do a little WECSOGing).

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
it does get better, me and a friend of mine tried to get it off when i first got the gun. We almost felt like we were going to brake it, but now it comes off with no issues at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same trouble last night, but a pair of pliers cushioned did the trick. You won't break it. After the first time with the pliers, I can do it with my hands now. I'm going to try all three backstraps this weekend I hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts