MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we cant use them for duty, we can carry them offduty after we qaul with them. Anyways, I arrived at the range last week in order to qual with my MP40 and discovered I was the first person to come through with one. Everyone loved it and a few of the range staff stated they wished we had gone with those instead of the SW99s we are stuck with

·
Registered
34 Posts
I too am the first to qulaify in my department with the M&P. All I have to do is get an approved duty holster (and night sights) and I can carry it. I must say, qualifying at night without night sights was a real trick. Had to rely on my indexing skills to make certain I was hitting the target. Shot a 95.6% score which I thought was pretty good all things considered.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Got issued my MP a few days ago. We had to qualify with our new duty holsters and SWAT holsters. No problem qualifying though, it shot great and accurate. If you're looking for a duty holster, you might want to look at (I cant remember the exact Safariland model number) the Safariland duty holster that has SLS, Self Locking System (rotating hood) and ALS, Automatic Locking System. We just got them and are transitioning our whole PD to them. They are very secure and easy to use.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah that's the holster I recommended to our department's equipment committee. I was told that the approval will pretty much be rubber stamped but we have to wait until the brass say it's ok to wear it.

I'm cleared to carry it off-duty. Just waiting for on-duty approval.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll try to do this from memory. I'm usually shooting the course, not calling it.

At 25 yds: 6 rnds prone, 6 kneeling, 6 rt barricade, 6 left barricade. 60 seconds with a mandatory reload

At 15 yds: 6 rnds standing, 6 kneeling, mandatory reload - 30 seonds I believe

At 7 yds: 3 rnds in 4 seconds keep target covered, 2 rounds in 3 seconds keep target covered, 1 round, magazine change, transition to non-dominant hand and fire two rounds non-dominant hand only ( 15 seconds I think)

At 3 yds: 2 rnds three seconds ( three times- six rounds fired total)

50 rounds fired total.

Night qual is almost the same but done in low light, then with blue-lights only, then with no light. Also 50 rnds fired

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is the standard course of fire for NC Law Enforcement and is required to retain certification in the state.

You'll notice that it is done in 6 round strings (it's revolver friendly and was the course used when wheelguns were the norm.

My Pd requires us to shoot the same course day and night for any and all off-duty weapons/backup guns we carry.

It is slightly modified for those choosing to qualify with a 5 shot revolver as a backup/off-duty gun but I can't recall how the course changes for that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hppd648 said:
I'll try to do this from memory. I'm usually shooting the course, not calling it.

At 25 yds: 6 rnds prone, 6 kneeling, 6 rt barricade, 6 left barricade. 60 seconds with a mandatory reload

At 15 yds: 6 rnds standing, 6 kneeling, mandatory reload - 30 seonds I believe

At 7 yds: 3 rnds in 4 seconds keep target covered, 2 rounds in 3 seconds keep target covered, 1 round, magazine change, transition to non-dominant hand and fire two rounds non-dominant hand only ( 15 seconds I think)

At 3 yds: 2 rnds three seconds ( three times- six rounds fired total)

50 rounds fired total.

Night qual is almost the same but done in low light, then with blue-lights only, then with no light. Also 50 rnds fired

At 25 yard it is 6 rounds prone, 6 strong side standing from the barricade (1 minute)

On the night fire you only go back to 15 yards and dont have any prone or barricade work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I to will be the first to qualify with the M&P for the sheriffs office i work for, I just got the gun approved so the next qualification i'll be out there with it. I have showed a lot of the other deputies my M&P they are all impressed. i have even have taken it to the range and have passed it around for others to shoot. I believe I have a few converts to the M&P.

I need good night sights and mor mags does anybody have a suggjestion as to where to get them.

Right now I carry my Glock 22 in a safariland raptor holster, I want to find the same holster for the M&P where is a good source to buy one from?

Also i think i am going to send my M&P to Dan for a standard trigger job if my Sargent approves of the MOD for a duty weapon, the trigger is about my only complaint

I am waiting to get the M&P 40 compact for off duty carry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts