MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an old gunsmith tighten my front sight, and took it out the next day. He did a good job, no external marks, centered, and didn't slide back and forth, so i was happy--now to the shoot.

M&P 9mm Full Size

MPF15xx

Rev ? (dunno where to look for it)

Magazine disconnect safety

no internal lock

10 round mags.

I fired 250 rounds of crappy magtech ammo through it and the only problems were 4 FTE's probably due to limpwristing adn were easy enough to clear. I let some guys shoot it who were in the bay next to me, and they were quite impressed. In fact, one almost bought one right then and there. They compared the magazines to a Steyr, which they liked. So it looks like the M&P sold itself to some more folks down at the range. I hope to let others try this gem of a pistol later this week.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW I used both the medium and small grip backstraps. I found both comfortable enough, but I had too much finger on the trigger with the small grip, so I'll stick to the medium for now.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Effy,

Pull the top end off and look on the inside of the frame/dust cover area for the revision marking.

What sort of FTE's did you have? Were they stovepipes or was the empty case left in the chamber?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked inside and around the slide last night and no "Rev" is stamped anywhere. I haven't checked seen anything that stood out so far yet, but I'll check the frame tonight. As far as the FTE's, I think the round didn't feed properly so it caused a jam before firing. I just dropped the mag, popped the round out, reloaded it, and it performed fine after that. Again I think it was operator error due to limpwristing the previous shot so the next round wouldn't feed properly. Thanks for you help.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Effyouess said:
I looked inside and around the slide last night and no "Rev" is stamped anywhere. I haven't checked seen anything that stood out so far yet, but I'll check the frame tonight. As far as the FTE's, I think the round didn't feed properly so it caused a jam before firing. I just dropped the mag, popped the round out, reloaded it, and it performed fine after that. Again I think it was operator error due to limpwristing the previous shot so the next round wouldn't feed properly. Thanks for you help.

Ciao,

Effy

Oh okay. That is a Failure To Feed (FTF) and not a Failure To Eject (FTE). No worries.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, well thanks for the correction. I'm still new to semiauto pistols. BTW, my frame does have Rev N stamped under the recoil spring. This makes me even happier with the firearm. Thanks for all the help.

Ciao,

Effy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts