MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought my new M&P 40 to the range today. First time shooting a firearm. I've just been dry firing for 3 weeks waiting to join a club.

48 out of 50 on the target at 50 feet with 11 inside the 8 ring and 1 on 10. I'd have to say I was really pleased as I had now idea whether I'd hit the target at all. That black circle looks pretty damn small at 50 feet

Do you still remember the first time you pulled the trigger??? Muffs on so you can really hear your heart pounding, arms trembling, you inch that trigger back and then BLAM!!! It kicks back with a plume of smoke!!.

I'll be back to the reange VERY soon.

·
Registered
312 Posts
First time I pulled a trigger was at 18 with a 1911, I was tensed up expecting a shattering blast. Afterwards I raised an eyebrow and thought...."so, it that all there is??" then proceeded to have a many years long blast of fun.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! This will certainly prove to be a memorable day in your life. Not only is this a very invigorating hobby but it is also quite addictive. Enjoy!

·
Registered
206 Posts
The first time I pulled the trigger.. I was 6 or 7... I don't remember much about it.. It was a 22 rifle.. The first time I shot a pistol.. I was 10 and it was my grandfather's Colt that fired 32auto.. It was a fun pistol to shoot... The first big gun I shot was my buddy's dad's Colt Python 357mag.. Now that was a fun gun to shoot..
We had fun shooting up milk jugs full of water...

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts