MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonne throw this out there .....

I started reloading a few months ago and I have been collecting the brass from the range whenever I go. The place I've been going to is an hourly place (joinin a club soon ... can't wait) and I've watched the people and what they shoot. So far what I've seen is that 99% of them come in with purchased ammo, shoot, and sweep up thier brass into the buckets. So I'm 99% sure that all the brass I've been getting is only 1x fired.

I've been saving all the 9mm, 40s&w, and 45 that I get ...... that's usually all that's in there other then 22, 38 special, and a few 45colts & .380 (seen a few 357sigs & 10mm but not many). Thing is at the moment I'm ony reloading the 40 and my next is going to be 45. So I have a bunch of 9mm just sitting there, and the buckets almost at an overflow point.

Not wanting to start tossing the 9mm out when i sort I was wondering if there was anyone who was in the opposite situation, reloads 9mm and has a butt load of 1x 40 laying around.

If so what I was thinking is simply trading X amount of 9 for X amount of 40 .... that was we would each get more of what we need for the cost of shipping (it's only brass so I'm pretty sure USPS will take it, but UPS might be cheaper).

Like I said, the brass I've collected I'm 99% sure it's only 1X fired. It would be mixed headstamps, maybe a few pieces of nickle plated (I can go thru it like I did my 40 & seperate brass from nickle if you don't want it) and no steel cases.

Would prob even consider trading 9mm for .45 since that's what I want to get next and will need some to reload.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
I would suggest you clean it, if you haven't already, then find some air tight plastic containers and store it for future use, you might not reload 9 now, but you might in the future. I saved 40 S&W for 3 or 4 years before I ever got one. Brass that sits dirty for too long can be almost impossible to clean up when you finally get around to it.

The only brass I get rid of is brass that is in too bad of condition to be reloaded, or calibers that I won't even consider reloading, I do save the occasional unusual case, I found a 5.7 recently, I'll just add that to the box of other unusual brass.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
morebullets said:
How much 9mm do you have? I might be willing to make a trade.

Not sure of the number amount but a good guestimate is at least 10K+. It's almost completely filled the 5 gallon bucket that wieghs in at 67 pounds.

Not looking to get rid of all of it but can part with a few thousand pieces for some brass I can/will use sooner rather then later.

·
Registered
103 Posts
G56 said:
I would suggest you clean it, if you haven't already, then find some air tight plastic containers and store it for future use, you might not reload 9 now, but you might in the future. I saved 40 S&W for 3 or 4 years before I ever got one. Brass that sits dirty for too long can be almost impossible to clean up when you finally get around to it.

The only brass I get rid of is brass that is in too bad of condition to be reloaded, or calibers that I won't even consider reloading, I do save the occasional unusual case, I found a 5.7 recently, I'll just add that to the box of other unusual brass.

+1. If you are ever planning on reloading 9, save it. Brass is getting to be high dollar. If you need once fired brass, check out www.brassmanbrass.com High quality brass and fair prices. Also, while I hate to say it, check ebay. Sometimes you can find some smokin' deals on brass there.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts