MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock gun, with Trijicon HD XR sights.
Drop in barrels are a waste of money.

First and last shots were misses, but not by much.

[/https://youtu.be/Zh1BB2L5kWM URL] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Is the target measured in inches or feet? My shooting partner and I use a 6"x10" Costco milk jug at 100 yards with less impressive results (only 2-3 hits in 10 shots with a M&P40 Shield, 8 in 10 with full size M&P357) would like to know how this compares.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s a steel upper torso IDPA/USPSA type target. It’s completely covered by my front sight at that distance. It’s so shot up that I’m not sure where it’s hitting, the report from the steel is all I get. It’s also at a decline as I’m shooting from the higher ground. I’m using +P 115 @ 1350 fps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
625 Posts
I am in awe of your shooting skills!

Great job, sir!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm pretty sure I saw that ammo in a Jerry Miculek video. Perhaps a cousin?
Great shooting and it does prove that the stock M&P barrels are just fine.
That barrel is 3/4" longer then a mouse gun and you were getting constant hits at distance.
I'm impressed but actually not surprised, M&Ps are Hella accurate in the right hands.
The Trijicon sights are my favorites, I never will understand why people cheap out and spend a little less on Chinese made sights.
"My TruGlo sights rock!" They are crap, spend the money and get Trijicons.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely! I’ve used several “drop in” aftermarket barrels to see if they improved accuracy and they ALL offered ZERO improvement. The only exception was a gunsmith fit and the semi-fit Apex Barrels.

I personally believe that you could save that money and work to understand immaculate trigger control and achieve great results.

Happy New Year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
53 Posts
sight choices

I'm pretty sure I saw that ammo in a Jerry Miculek video. Perhaps a cousin?
Great shooting and it does prove that the stock M&P barrels are just fine.
That barrel is 3/4" longer then a mouse gun and you were getting constant hits at distance.
I'm impressed but actually not surprised, M&Ps are Hella accurate in the right hands.
The Trijicon sights are my favorites, I never will understand why people cheap out and spend a little less on Chinese made sights.
"My TruGlo sights rock!" They are crap, spend the money and get Trijicons.
Can't say I'd call TruGlo crap.
I'm happy with TFO's and HiViz H3's.
YMMV

1 - 10 of 10 Posts