MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Is there a way to easily (DIY, low cost) tone down the texture on this 2.0 full size 9mm?? TBH, it's just too much. I'd like to carry this thing sometimes and it's rough, even up against a shirt. Frankly, I think it'll damage my shirt. Hate to give up the other 2.0 features (e.g. better trigger), but man I could've saved money buying a 1.0, eh?

Thanks for suggestions! Keep in mind I don't want to ruin my gun, just lessen the roughness some.

-Z

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used super fine sandpaper (gently) on some of the edges. It looked a little whitish but then brushed it off with toothbrush and now can't tell it's been modified. It took a little of the edge off and it's now PERFECT (for me).

·
Registered
1 Posts
What grit?
I used some sandpaper after I carried my 2.0 for 3 hrs and noticed a freaking rash on my side.
Idk how anyone carries it other than in a duty holster.
Anyway, if worried, try it on a backstrap you don't use.
I haave a 1.0 with a aftermarket trigger that the 2.0 couldn't come close to and got rid of my 2.0 a while back but Smith would send out replacement back straps with very little hassle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had the same issue and I put a 1.0 smooth back strap on the 2.0 and it works for me when using the 2.0 take down tool. With that said, the 1.0 back strap and the 2.0 take down tool are clearly not designed for each other......there is less of a positive snap when re-installing the 2.0 take down tool with the 1.0 back strap. But, it does work. I have shot the gun a lot like this and have had no issues. I like the 220 sandpaper idea and will give it try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went ahead and tried the Hogue grip as it's only like 10 bucks. I dig it! It replaces the backstrap, gives me good grip and finger grooves, which I like (prefer Glock 3rd or 4th gen, for example). The Hogue grip can be taken off with no damage, so my gun will remain factory stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts