MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. My takedown lever doesn't want to stay down when I remove or install my slide. If I look at it wrong, it snaps back up. I have to hold it with my thumb. Is this normal?

2. What's the blue crap on my recoil spring?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
stop looking at it wrong lol. My takedown has snapped back when i put the slide back on a few times. In fact i just got it to do it again when i fully pulled back and racked it. Maybe after time it will "break in"?

that blue crap is on mine too. not a clue, but at least u know its just not your spring.

some one smarter will come along and shed some light im sure!

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I am only guessing but knowing how some people do not pay attention. I would say smith put the paint on the spring to help remind people which end goes foward. ???

CHECK 360 David Bowie

·
Registered
505 Posts
mine is also the same as the first two posts....but if i remember right the blue end is actually toward the rear of the slide not the front...at least thats how mine was when i got it

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I have to hold my takedown lever also.

I have read that Smith was going to use different colored paint for different spring weights. I don't know if this is true or not.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I do believe that in the owners manual thingy that none of us read it mentions having to hold the slide lock lever down while removing the slide. I'd also assume that there might be a difference between the 9mm and .40 springs and the color lets the worker know which is which.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
a Nice guy at smith told me the springs were colored for their spring rates. The 9/40s are blue and the new 45 should have green "crap" on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts