MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a call out to see who is going?! I have already reserved a room at the match hotel and have my registration and fees ready to mail!

http://1911ssc.org/

·
Registered
936 Posts
Ill be there!

·
Registered
936 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='mike cyrwus']Ill be there!
With the S&W?[/quote]

Nooo; with my new full house custom Im having built in .40sw.

Parts alone are running $1400

·
Registered
936 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
Are you building it?
Im having a top-notch builder take on the project.

:roll:

-um, yeah.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should be a good time. Are you staying in the match hotel Mike? And who is building your new blaster? I am jealous now!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Ill probably stay at the days Inn in Hannibal, its a little closer, and good luck.

Im building it myself, it will be my first .40sw 1911. 8)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm going with a group of 4. We've gone the last three years. We're staying in Hannibal.

I'm trying to decide whether I'll shoot my SA or the Kimber. Two years ago they had a special drawing for anyone shooting an SA but since the match became the USPSA SS Nationals they haven't had the drawing. I shoot the Springfield OK but the Kimber is better. That will probably be my shooter of choice.

It is a great match with lots of fun and challenging stages.

Good Luck

Dave

·
Registered
936 Posts
Got my confirmation this afternoon.

Im shooting Friday.

I have a funny feeling about where Ill be squadded...

·
Registered
936 Posts
mike cyrwus said:
Got my confirmation this afternoon.

Im shooting Friday.

I have a funny feeling about where Ill be squadded...

hmmmmmmmmm.

Is no one going to ask me what I mean?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
....215 competitors and rising! 8) I think what Mike is getting at is that he is on Friday's "super squad". I am on squad 20, just one ahead of the Saturday "super squad". Bummer.
Maybe I will get a chance to watch them a little. :wink: Hope I will get to meet some of you there. I am really pumped about this match. Probably more so than the Limited Nats in Tulsa.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm in squad 19, two away from the super squad so I guess Iwon't get to see them shoot much if any. It will still be a great match, though. We've enjoyed it every year.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Youre right, I was a little suprised myself.

At first, I was kind of unhappy, but its great motivation, and I needed some.

The funny thing was that I all but assumed that I was going to get shut out of the match.

I swore off my s.s. and picked up the M&P and decided that Id shoot L10 all year long.

After I got the call, I got on the brownells website and ordered about $600 worth of stuff to finish my .40sw 1911 build.

-and to beat all, Just yesterday; I got a call from Sedro Woolley and found out that because of my class win at Area 3, I won a slot to the LPR Nats!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow, a slot to the Nat's already! Congrats! Hopefully Tulsa won't be quite so....wet this year.

Enjoy shooting with the Super Squad. Pressure, yes. But what an opp to learn from the best.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah- there is no other way to look at it than an opportunity!! I would love to watch and learn from our Nations best! And shooting a match with them is one of the best ways. Not to mention cheapest!! :twisted:

·
Registered
936 Posts
this deserves a little bump.

Lets hope its nice weather.

A week away....

Heres my single stack .40

- and dont give me any crap about the extended slide stop; Im a lefty and it makes my slide lock reloads faster.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Now that is one sexy piece o' steel.

What mags are you running, Mike? I hear that's the bugaboo with 40 single stacks. I shot the Mtn Home SS match last weekend and saw two 40 shooters have feeding problems that were probably mag related. One actually had a baseplate break off and spill spring, rounds and follower onto the ground.

Good luck next week, Mike. Hope to see you walk up front and take a pistol off the prize table.

Dave

1 - 20 of 24 Posts