MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one from left field.

Anyone know/think someone will develop a .22 kit for the M&P45?

·
Registered
32 Posts
No.6 said:
Here's one from left field.

Anyone know/think someone will develop a .22 kit for the M&P45?

Somebody might sooner or later but I wouldnt hold my breath. SIG pistols have been around for decades but I know of no 22 conversions for them. At least we have conversions for Glocks, Berettas and 1911s though.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Even if they someday made one you could pick up a dedicated .22 for the price of a conversion kit. Take a look at the Beretta U22 NEOS. It's an awesome pistol for $270ish.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, you could pick up a pistol for the cost of a conversion kit in most cases. If I were shooting SIGs, then I would train with a Mosquito. If I wanted a .22 to plink with there are a variety out there such as a Browning Buck Mark, Ruger, Walther, and dozens more. What I'm interested in doing is using it for training, and keeping the same manual of arms.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
No.6 said:
True, you could pick up a pistol for the cost of a conversion kit in most cases. If I were shooting SIGs, then I would train with a Mosquito.
And I would feel so bad for you. There are few .22s with a more dismal reputation than the Mosquito.

The Ruger 22/45 is probably going to come as close as anything to the M&P. Similar controls and ergonomics. The Ruger's trigger will be a bit lighter but that isn't a bad thing. The Ruger's weight will also be a lot closer to your M&P's than it was to the 1911. As a bonus it's a darned fine .22. Just don't expect perfect feeding from any 22 without a radical grip angle (see the NEOS photo) it's just the nature of rimfire.

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/review/2245_p512.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts