MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a .22 compact and fired it for the first time yesterday. It wouldn't cycle with either Remington Golden bullet or CCI Clean .22. Every shot, it would not eject the spent case. Unfortunately I didn't have any other brands to put through it. Is anyone running either the Golden bullet or CCI clean .22 without issues? I'm thinking I may have an ejector issue.

As a side note, I also tried the CCI in a Ruger MKIV and it wouldn't cycle in it either. Every shot would not eject the spent case. I have fired several hundred rounds of Golden Bullet through it with out issues.

·
Site Staff
9,583 Posts
I've got a couple things to try.

First, have you cleaned and lubed the pistol since you got it? It is extremely important to clean and lube them before firing the first time. The oil on the gun when you get it is for shipping and storage, not for use. One of the very first things in your owner's manual is to clean and lube before use.

Keep trying different ammo, 22s can be picky, also Remington has a reputation for not being the best. I own several 22s, they are a mixed bag, about half of them choke on Remington 22 ammo, while the rest of them work fine. Usually CCI is really good but I haven't tried that one, so keep trying different ammo, also most 22s improve with use. I bought a 22 rimfire AR15 upper, when I first got it, it was constantly jamming, but after a few hundred rounds it has improved tremendously.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply G56,
I did thoroughly clean the pistol before firing. I just bought some CCI Mini Mag HP's and some American Eagle HP's. I'll give them a shot and see what happens.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also recently purchased a M&P 22 compact. Cleaned and lubed then off to the range. Ran about 100 Remington Golden, 50 CCI mini mags and 50 federal. Zero malfunctions. Had a great time with the little gun. May become a woods and fishing carry gun and will certainly serve well as a sub caliber trainer to my Shield, Glock 48 and my wife's 380 EZ.

I would give yours a good clean & lube and try a variety of ammo. 22's can be finicky but the golden bullet is one of the two rounds that Advantage Arms specify for their 22 conversions (mini mag is the other).

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would say if you have malfunctions with MiniMags (1250fps) there is a problem.

Also try CCI Standard Velocity (1070fps). If that will function consistently I feel it's better overall for the pistol than a higher velocity round (if not needed).

CCI AR Tactical is slightly more powerful than SV at 1200 fps - if the SV just isn't enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a chance to run the Mini Mag HP and American Eagle HP through the Compact and both ran flawlessly. I ran 100 rounds of each and had zero failures. I tried the CCI Clean again and it simply will not eject the spent case. I also tried the Rem Golden bullet again and it won't eject them either. The fact that it won't eject the spent case doesn't make sense to me. Either way I'll be stocking up on the Mini Mags and American Eagles as both also work well in my Ruger MKIV. The Clean 22 will not run in my Ruger MKIV either. Same issue, will not eject the spent case.

·
Site Staff
9,583 Posts
That's good, we have learned something. I will speculate that it may become more tolerant on ammo as the round count increases, I have seen this on more than one 22 that I own.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Good to hear it runs with MiniMags. It may not work with CCI SV then - but you could try.

If you start having extraction issues after a while with ammo that had worked fine, the chamber may need to be cleaned carefully to remove lube and lead build-up.

Pretty common with .22s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts