MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Interesting question. I'm not sure which one is easiest to clean, but the Ruger is my favorite.

It is easy enough to clean. Check out the Ruger 22/45; one of the best .22 autos, in my opinion.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'll 2nd the vote for the 22/45 AND the latest iteration is actually supposed to be easy to dissasemble without having to hold your mouth in just the right way whilst playing Twister.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The easiest to clean 22 I have had was my Cenier conversion kit for the 1911. Same take down as the regular gun. Next in line is my Grandfather's Hi-Standard Military model. Easy to strip and reassemble. Mu P22 is pretty easy to strip, but a lady to put back together.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Not the 22A.

I really like my S & W 22A but it's definately not the easiest gun to break down, clean and put back together. The recoil spring likes to shoot across the room in one direction and the little plastic, recoil spacer shoots the other way. I've spent much time on my hands and knees looking for them and inventing new cuss words.

But, the good news is, after a while you learn to put your hand over the recoil spring when taking it down. Problem solved and it's now a fun gun to shoot. 8)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Re: Not the 22A.

TxPhantom said:
I really like my S & W 22A but it's definately not the easiest gun to break down, clean and put back together. The recoil spring likes to shoot across the room in one direction and the little plastic, recoil spacer shoots the other way. I've spent much time on my hands and knees looking for them and inventing new cuss words.

But, the good news is, after a while you learn to put your hand over the recoil spring when taking it down. Problem solved and it's now a fun gun to shoot. 8)

I havent had the luxury to buy my own .22 and clean it yet. Alot of other guns on my list. But your story had me rolling, I invent new cuss words all the time....lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
My P22 is a pain in the butt to put back together, but other than that it is pretty much the same as my M&P.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Which .22 autopistol, in your opinion, is the easiest to clean?

Ruger

Browning

S&W

other

i was bored and looking at old topics to resurrect... i have a stainless super duper ruger mkIII 5.5 bull barrel target. it's easy to clean if you're like me and like puzzles or tinkering with mechanically engineered masterpieces. i love the thing and it's tougher than rosie o'donnell on bike night at the bar.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Ruger is definitely not the easiest to clean. You have to know the secrect vodoo chant and dance to put it back together. On the plus side, you really don't have to disassemble it to do a simple barrel and chamber clean after a day of shooting. I usually save the complete cleaning for a rainy day when I'm really bored.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts