MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
wahoo95 said:

I debated over Ruger 22's and Walther P-22 for over few months. and ended up with this...

My recently accuired Ruger 22/45, which I added BSA red dot scope on it. I bought it thinking my gf can shoot when I go out to range, which she does shoot it. and have some decent time out there together

But I ended up liking it soo much that I'm taking this little thing out to range more often then my other guns, and now thinking about getting Mk III Hunter SS with Bull barrel and Ruger 10/22 target model with bull barrel for myself!

They are soooo cheap to shoot (<$10/550rds!!), accurate(been getting 2"group at 50yds, and about 4.5" at 100yds!), and since 22/45 have the same grip angle as my 1911's, makes great plactice gun for that as well.

I say every shooter should have 22 in their arsonal man!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
You are tempting me aren't you... :wink:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ruger 22 pistol is like under $200 used. I got my bull barrel 22/45 for $259 out the door. Just get one. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Well I bought a MKIII512 model 10101 for under $300 that's with shipping from www.budsgunshop.com. She is all mine in a few days, I have already ordered the Volquartsen V-Compensator, magazines and a Volquartsen Volthane grip. Now I need some optics, but I will have to wait a few weeks for that. I was thinking of the truglo 2x42mm 2-Color / Multi-Reticle, seems like a nice red dot with 2x to add.

Just use your imagination for awhile... :wink:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
Well I bought a MKIII512 model 10101 for under $300 that's with shipping from www.budsgunshop.com. She is all mine in a few days, I have already ordered the Volquartsen V-Compensator, magazines and a Volquartsen Volthane grip. Now I need some optics, but I will have to wait a few weeks for that. I was thinking of the truglo 2x42mm 2-Color / Multi-Reticle, seems like a nice red dot with 2x to add.

Just use your imagination for awhile... :wink:

You'll enjoy it. You'll find your self shooting more 22, and less of others like I did.

I wanted MkIII, but they were little fatter in grip area (As i was buying it for my GF), so I bought 22/45.

But I'm gonna get MKIII Hunter in SS whenever I can free up some money

·
Registered
910 Posts
Woohoo! Thanks to Bud's I just ordered a stainless steel Ruger MKIII with the 5 1/2" barrel. And thanks to some unfamiliar website I got a set of Hogue grips for it. Monday I'm ordering the 4 1/2" matte black threaded "Pac-lite" barrel for it from Tactical Solutions, and throwing on my Tac suppressor.

Should be a very reliable, accurate, quiet gun. Can't wait to smoke my wife's P22 with it!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Josh, you and I just bought almost the same gun, but mine is blued, check it out...

Its the Ruger Mark III Target Model 10101, from who else but Bud's.

I got the Volquartsen Ruger Mark III V-Comp from Rimfire Sports & Custom, but mine blued too.

I also got the Volquartsen Ruger Mark III Volthane Grips from Rimfire Sports & Custom.

And for optics I choose the ATN Digital Ultra Sight Reflex Scope.

I have everything, but the red dot in, but I will go out and zero the iron sights in tomorrow. So, welcome to the Rimfire club...

·
Registered
910 Posts

Yeah, the above is the one I just ordered. At first I thought about nabbing up the cheapest one Bud's sells for like $210 since I'm basically just using the grip and bolt since I'm taking off the barrel, and throwing on a TacSol "Pac-lite" threaded upper, but after I saw the following pictures of someone else's I had to have the stainless steel version.

This gun is going to be pure sex!!!

Morgan, how does that compensator attatch? Does it fit over the end with the factory front sight removed? I like those volq grips, but from what I noticed they aren't ambidextrous(sp?) and some people I shoot with are lefty's so I got a user friendly grip for everyone.

How much are those ATN sights? I'm considering a docter optic, but I can't picture spending $300+ for a sight on a... $300 gun. Oh, and thanks for the welcome! Although I've owned a few P22's, they really belong to the wife. I'm actually more excited about this gun than all my other's - even the M&P45 that's enroute. Mainly due to me growing up shooting my Dad's bull barreled stainless steel scoped MKII which I loved. He still has it to this day, and it's immaculate - too bad he would let me send it off to get threaded. :roll:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
The sights can be removed with a screw driver and I slipped the compensator over the end of the barrel. They make compensator's with or without sights in stainless and or black. As far as the ATN reflex (red dot) scope, I picked it up for $160 with military discount from www.planetoptics.com

Josh, the pics are sweet I was tossed up too about the grip, but I decided it is my gun, so screw them if they can't take a joke... :wink:

Nice looking guns brother...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I myself thinking about going with trail-Lite 6" barrel with no sight(and not blued if I can get it. I like shinny stuff...), and their compensaters plus rail. But $185 for barrel, $30 for rail, and $40 for compensater, and shipping, and transer fee(they are serial numbered product), I'm looking almost $300, and I can find Ruger Mark III 22LR 5½" Stainless for just hair over that. So i'm debating.....

below is what I'm envisioning (indifferent color and length..)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i just got my hi standard back from the gunsmith, got it reblued, and installed new rear sights. now im on a .22 kick. its just so cheap to shot. i get 500 rounds at walmart for $10. im at the range all night. now im torn. i want a pistol and cant decide between the ruger and the browning. i have shot both and they both are great. i was all for the walther until i jammed 5 rounds in a single night. the range master says the walther have a break in period. i aint waiting for a break in period for a $300 gun, especially for jamming. i can see a trigger, but a jamming issue! the pics you guys are showing of the rugers are just plain sweet. im leaning toward the browning, just because I like the matte blue finish a little better. I guess i wont be disappointed either way. my question is does the ruger have more accessories optins than the browning. that may sway my decision.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
bbbdvan81 said:
i just got my hi standard back from the gunsmith, got it reblued, and installed new rear sights. now im on a .22 kick. its just so cheap to shot. i get 500 rounds at walmart for $10. im at the range all night. now im torn. i want a pistol and cant decide between the ruger and the browning. i have shot both and they both are great. i was all for the walther until i jammed 5 rounds in a single night. the range master says the walther have a break in period. i aint waiting for a break in period for a $300 gun, especially for jamming. i can see a trigger, but a jamming issue! the pics you guys are showing of the rugers are just plain sweet. im leaning toward the browning, just because I like the matte blue finish a little better. I guess i wont be disappointed either way. my question is does the ruger have more accessories optins than the browning. that may sway my decision.

Brother, just do a Google search for Ruger Mark II, III, or 22/45 accessories and you will be hooked. Trust me, I am...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
My new Ruger

Ruger Mark III Target

I should have my ATN red dot in this week...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I love my little 22/45

very accurate pistol, I shoot in the 90s with it at 50' with the iron sights on a rapid fire pistol target (not actually shooting quickly)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Very nice gun, and pics Morgan! I'll be sure to post pics when I get mine and all the stuff in!

Still waiting on Bud's to ship the MKIII out. I just got an e-mail today stating my M&P45 just shipped this morning, but still no Ruger. Probably tomorrow is my guess. Victor at Tactical Night Vision already shipped my RDP-II mini red dot sight, and Hornet products already shipped my Hogue grip out. Now I just need to get my MKIII in, and get the Pac-Lite upper ordered!

It's strange that I'm more excited about this .22 than any other gun I've ever owned. Crazy!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Son of a lady! I went to a local gun store that's listed as a dealer for Tactical Solutions products... they didn't even know they were a dealer for them, strangely enough. And there's a freaking 8-10 week backorder for the Matte black threaded pac-lite uppers.

I still ordered one with the rail on top and bottom, but damn!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
josh said:
Son of a lady! I went to a local gun store that's listed as a dealer for Tactical Solutions products... they didn't even know they were a dealer for them, strangely enough. And there's a freaking 8-10 week backorder for the Matte black threaded pac-lite uppers.

I still ordered one with the rail on top and bottom, but damn!

8-10 weeks, man you could drive to Boise Idaho and get one custom made in less than a week... Or, maybe you could fly into Mountain Home AFB and rent a car drive an hour North talk with them, either way you look at it your screwed for awhile. THAT SUCKS...

21 - 40 of 113 Posts