MP-Pistol Forum banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yeah, the guys at Tactical Solutions are the one's who gave the 8-10 week estimate. It sucks, but oh well - guess it gives me more time to save money and blow it on other gun stuff.

I could always send the factory MKIII upper off to get threaded, but I'd rather have the light weight Pac-lite. Ah well. I guess I'll post pictures of the completed pistol in like 3-4 months then. Blah.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I wonder if I could just get Ruger complete lower and bolt assembry ONLY from ruger, and install one of their upper, - sort of like my own build.....that way, i don't have to waste perfectly good barrel....

I mean lower is not serial numbered. i don't see why not....

·
Registered
910 Posts
I thought about it, but I'm not sure. I know that most people who go the route I'm going usually sell their stock barrel/upper online for about $125. Which is about the cost to have your factory barrel/upper sent out and threaded.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a P22 and I love it. It is not the most accurate or powerful thing, but it makes a nice cheap fun BUG. Nobody wants 11 quick, well aimed shots of 22 in them, especially since they'd have to get past my M&P first. I have a pocket holster for it since I have no more room on my belt, LOL. Ammo is cheap, although I just spent about $12 on 150 rounds of CCI Velocitors. I had a possum problem that took four shots to the face to end and I was using CCI Stingers. Guess I didn't hit the right spot or something. Or it was just nerves that made it seem like it was still alive. Keep on shooting 'till it stops moving.

Anyway, it is a very fun gun. I highly recommend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a P22 and I love it. It is not the most accurate or powerful thing, but it makes a nice cheap fun BUG. Nobody wants 11 quick, well aimed shots of 22 in them, especially since they'd have to get past my M&P first. I have a pocket holster for it since I have no more room on my belt, LOL. Ammo is cheap, although I just spent about $12 on 150 rounds of CCI Velocitors. I had a possum problem that took four shots to the face to end and I was using CCI Stingers. Guess I didn't hit the right spot or something. Or it was just nerves that made it seem like it was still alive. Keep on shooting 'till it stops moving.

Anyway, it is a very fun gun. I highly recommend.

I was looking into buying a P22, but I have heard different opinions on the gun. Some say that they have fixed most of the problems they had, but others say they are still prone to problems.

Since I don't want to spend half my shooting time clearing jams, how reliable is the P22 nowadays?

·
Registered
910 Posts
face747 said:
Since I don't want to spend half my shooting time clearing jams, how reliable is the P22 nowadays?

Some people claim to have zero issues with their's. I've owned two - still own one. I just spent $400 getting a Ruger MKIII shipped to me, and when my threaded Pac-lite barrel with integral rail with site, and bottom piccatiny rail gets here after the transfer cost that will be another $400. That should tell you about how much I like the accuracy/reliability of my P22.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That should tell you about how much I like the accuracy/reliability of my P22.

Thats what I figured. I have always planned on getting a MKIII. Mine will be the hunter model. I just thought I may look at getting a P22 for now, just to shoot at the range, but if they really aren't that reliable I am better off just getting the Ruger now.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I got the red dot in this afternoon...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
You sumuma beeeesh. Damn brother, looks kick F'N azz. Hurry up get down here to phoenix I will break her in for ya....ha

Awesome choice in your build!!! :wink:

Morgan Walker said:
I got the red dot in this afternoon...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
that makes me almost want to sell my other guns and go all .22 caliber. that my friend is how to hook up a gun.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I sold my Savage Arms 10FP .308 just so I could build something very similar to this and it is also a .22 a Ruger 10/22 as a matter of fact.

So yeah I know how you feel when you say you could go .22 all the time... What's even worse is that I bought a 1000 rounds of PMC Subsonic velocity 38gr hollow point ammo and it only cost $25.00...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Oh yeah! Well, uhh, my Hogue grip came in today for the MKIII I don't have in my possession yet!

Walks out head hangin' low...

Still no RDP-II red dot sight, no gun, and damn sure no Pac-lite threaded upper/barrel. Mother effing 10 week wait. Get your crap together Tactical Solutions! I have zero patience - this wait is going to kill me - especially since this gun is going to be my new favorite! By the way, Morgan, that gun sho is purdy.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Woohoo! Fuggin' right! I just got a call from my dealer chick saying my MKIII came in. I'm going to pick it up now. I'll post pics later tonight after me and my wife get back from seeing Swan Lake. Yeah, some gay ballet. The things I gotta do to keep my wife from killing me for buying so many guns.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
LOL, exactly!! The things I gotta do to keep my wife from killing me for buying so many guns.[/quote]

Cant wait to check your MKIII out Josh, you and Morgan have turned me on big time!!! Think my MKIII might just come first now!!! 8)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
finalfusion said:
LOL' date=' exactly!! The things I gotta do to keep my wife from killing me for buying so many guns.

Cant wait to check your MKIII out Josh, you and Morgan have turned me on big time!!! Think my MKIII might just come first now!!! 8)[/quote]

I am telling you brother firing them is as good as sex, and sometimes it lasts longer too...
:roll: :oops:

They are a blast.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
LMFAO

Morgan Walker said:
finalfusion said:
LOL' date=' exactly!! The things I gotta do to keep my wife from killing me for buying so many guns.

Cant wait to check your MKIII out Josh, you and Morgan have turned me on big time!!! Think my MKIII might just come first now!!! 8)

I am telling you brother firing them is as good as sex, and sometimes it lasts longer too...
:roll: :oops:

They are a blast.[/quote]

·
Registered
910 Posts
First and foremost let me rant for a brief moment. Swan Lake, and ballet ingeneral, is beyond stupid. Words can't begin to describe how I feel right now. My fricking brain hurts. Not my head - my brain. I want my $85 back for those stupid tickets. Brokeback Mountain would've been better. Don't get me wrong, some of those guys/girls have talent, but damn...

Onto the goodness. Thankfully I got the Ruger before we went to the ballet, otherwise I might have snapped had I not had something normal to think about.

One of all my sexy little bitches together:

·
Registered
910 Posts
I checked UPS and it says my little red dot was delivered today. I had it shipped to my parents house, though, due to it being the billing address for my CC. The company I got it from wanted the shipping addy to be the same as my CC billing addy. Too late to call my parents to verify, but I'll run by in the morning to grab it. And unless I forget I'll take some pictures of my Dad's Ruger MKII(I believe it's a MKII). It's as old as me, if not older, and looks brand spanking new no lie.

That Pac-lite upper is not going to come fast enough. I think I'm going to go ahead and take the stock upper/barrel off and sell her, and wait for the other one to come in. Should be able to get more since its brand new unfired. And I can't wait to feel it with the new one on - it's supposed to be really light weight. This MKIII is HEAVY, but still feels wel balanced.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
The grips make all the difference in world, dont they. Looks sweet, have fun this weekend. I found this website, checkout the For Sale items.

www.MKIII.org

41 - 60 of 113 Posts