MP-Pistol Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
This is easily the most aggrevating installaton I've ever had in my life. I cannpot get the mainspring housing assembly back in for the life of me.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
josh said:
This is easily the most aggrevating installaton I've ever had in my life. I cannpot get the mainspring housing assembly back in for the life of me.

Have activated the trigger as in depressed it, that works for me...

·
Registered
910 Posts
I tried that. I can get the pin to go through both the bottom and upper assembly and stick out the top 1/8th of an inch as it should, but when I try to stuff the housing back into the grip frame it pulles it back through. It's pissing me off, and I'll probably take it somewhere tomorrow.

Other than that it looks extremely nice, and I'm very impressed.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yes it does, Josh even with the bolt open your still having issues. They are on Mountain time, so give the a call. Maybe the safety has something to do with, you may ask those whiners at MKIII.org too.

BTW, WOW, very nice...

·
Registered
6 Posts
josh said:
I tried that. I can get the pin to go through both the bottom and upper assembly and stick out the top 1/8th of an inch as it should, but when I try to stuff the housing back into the grip frame it pulles it back through. It's pissing me off, and I'll probably take it somewhere tomorrow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/JoshSC/012-2.jpg[img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/JoshSC/007-3.jpg[img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/JoshSC/008-3.jpg[img]

Other than that it looks extremely nice, and I'm very impressed.[/quote]

I think I know what issue you're having, I'm guessing right now if you look through the slot in the back of your grip frame you see this:

[img]http://www.bendsmenus.com/guns/Assemble%20013.jpg

What you need to see is this:

Notice the pin position in both pics. It should not be touching the post that is the farthest down.

If you haven't defeated the mag safety yet, put the mag in, take off the safety, point your pistol straight down at the ground, and pull the trigger. This will move the hammer assembly forward. At this point you may or may not need to take out the mag for reassembly, off the top of my head I don't remember. To be safe take the mag out and now you should be able to get the housing back into the frame. You may be able to do this with the mag still inserted, I can't recall since it has been awhile since I have had the factory magazine safety installed.

·
Registered
910 Posts
McMahan - first off, I hope you don't mind me posting your pics on here. Saw 'em over on arfcom, and threw 'em on here to show what I wanted my MKIII to look like. I absolutely love your gun!

Second, thank you! I just did exactly as you said, and I got everything to stuff back in. At first I couldn't get the bolt to come back further than half an inch, but I read the next step in the directions that told what to do if this happened, and I was able to fix it.

Maybe it was easy this time because I've been drinking?
Either way, many thanks to you and Morgan for helping me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
josh said:
McMahan - first off, I hope you don't mind me posting your pics on here. Saw 'em over on arfcom, and threw 'em on here to show what I wanted my MKIII to look like. I absolutely love your gun!

Second, thank you! I just did exactly as you said, and I got everything to stuff back in. At first I couldn't get the bolt to come back further than half an inch, but I read the next step in the directions that told what to do if this happened, and I was able to fix it.

Maybe it was easy this time because I've been drinking?
Either way, many thanks to you and Morgan for helping me.
Hey man, no problem, glad you got it together! Don't worry about the pics, I saw I was gettting some hits from this site so I decided to check it out. It's not hammering my bandwidth or anything so it's all good.

So, lets's see some pics of the finished product! What suppressor are you going to get for it?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I bought a Tac-52(not the best, but disassembles for cleaning) for it over 3 months ago on March 7th. Sadly, the paperwork just made it to the ATF(or so I was told) about a week ago. I've been getting the run around from a local dealer - thus the long wait.

Here's a few pics with it together, and with my wife's fake TacInc suppressor. I'm a poser for now.
Yes, it's cheesy. It was only bought because my wife was all anti-suppressor prior to me purchasing a few, and I wanted to show her it wouldn't make her P22 look as stupid as she thought.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Josh, glad you got it together, looks great now go shoot a video with it, is that the (1x WALTHER P22 .22LR FAKE SUPPRESSOR/SILENCER)? I just bought one too from Tactical Innovations. I didn't think it was that long, its only suppose to be 5" yours looks more like 7". Either way, looks great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
josh said:
I bought a Tac-52(not the best, but disassembles for cleaning) for it over 3 months ago on March 7th. Sadly, the paperwork just made it to the ATF(or so I was told) about a week ago. I've been getting the run around from a local dealer - thus the long wait.

Here's a few pics with it together, and with my wife's fake TacInc suppressor. I'm a poser for now.
Yes, it's cheesy. It was only bought because my wife was all anti-suppressor prior to me purchasing a few, and I wanted to show her it wouldn't make her P22 look as stupid as she thought.
That sucks about your suppressor, NFA stuff is a long enough wait as is without the dealer further complicating matters. I've heard a lot of good things about the Tac Innovations cans though, they may be comparatively inexpensive but from all reports still a nice can. .22 suppressors are awesome and IMO the best NFA bang for the buck. I have a Prodigy and an Outback II myself (you could probably tell from the pics), and paired with the Pac-lite uppers they make a damn sweet package. I'm sure you'll be stoked on yours once you get everything put together. Looking good so far!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Morgan, it really does look huge in the pics. I guess a crappy camera will do that.

McMahan- I love how the Prodigy comes apart for cleaning as one solid piece as opposed to the Tac's multiple seperate baffles. Plus, with AAC you know you can't go wrong. I've shot the Tac52 on some Walther p22's of our's at the indoor range where I bought it, and I love it. It's very quiet even with standard velocity rounds indoors.

utarch00- Thanks, and be careful, these things are easy to spend a lot on, and in my opinion are pretty dang addictive!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
josh said:
Morgan, it really does look huge in the pics. I guess a crappy camera will do that.

Yep, exact same one I bought for my Evolution... Sweeeeeeeeeet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
josh said:
McMahan- I love how the Prodigy comes apart for cleaning as one solid piece as opposed to the Tac's multiple seperate baffles. Plus, with AAC you know you can't go wrong. I've shot the Tac52 on some Walther p22's of our's at the indoor range where I bought it, and I love it. It's very quiet even with standard velocity rounds indoors.

Yeah, the Prodigy is pretty sweet, but honestly I'm not sure if it is $800 sweet after all is said and done. For the price I think the Tac is a lot better value, especially considering the suppression is probably about the same between cans. I guess SWR is coming out with a can you can take apart (individual baffles). It's rated for several different calibers and is supposed to be very quiet, I think I might get one of those down the road.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Well Josh, were is the range report, hmmmmmmmmmmmm? :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Well, did you buy the thing to take pictures of it, or are you going to shoot it?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah, I'm taking it out when me and ben2112 meet up to go shoot this weekend. Then the weekend after that I'll be taking it to the indoor range at my dealer to try out the real suppressor on it.

I'll post a range report when I finally shoot it. I've been too busy lately working(sorta), and reading up on the EBR's. :twisted:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
josh said:
Yeah yeah yeah, I'm taking it out when me and ben2112 meet up to go shoot this weekend. Then the weekend after that I'll be taking it to the indoor range at my dealer to try out the real suppressor on it.

I'll post a range report when I finally shoot it. I've been too busy lately working(sorta), and reading up on the EBR's. :twisted:

You *******... 8) Let me know, its seems we have a few other interested .22 parties as well...

81 - 100 of 113 Posts