MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you get your 223 ammo? I saw cheaper than dirt had wolf 1,000 for 224.00.

Is wolf reloadable? Any other places for ammo? How about brass?

thanks

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Arf.com EE, cabelas has good deals on bulk ammo every once in awhile. If you like the taste of cat pee, then wolf will be fine. But man does that stuff come back on you......There will be alot of brothers here to guide you in the right direction as far as 5.56. All depends on your budget and what you plan on doing with it.

Good luck in your hunt!

win said:
Where do you get your 223 ammo? I saw cheaper than dirt had wolf 1,000 for 224.00.

Is wolf reloadable? Any other places for ammo? How about brass?

thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have shot close to 3,500 rounds through my Bushmaster AR-15 that I built my self. Atleast 3,000 of those rounds were steel cased wolf fmj. I have never had any types of malfuncions yet, not even one.

Yes, wolf ammo makes your gun much harder to clean afterwards, but other than that, I have never had any problems with it. Im a college student that likes to shoot a lot of rounds, so I have to go witht he cheapest stuff.

I think the worst damage wolf can do to an AR-15 is eventually damage the bolt scraper; but the last time I looked up the price on one, it was something like 15 or 20 bucks.

Goodluck.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
Wolf works fine in most AR's, there are some that don't like it and have functioning problems, the only way to know for sure is to run a couple of boxes through it and see what the rifle does.

Stay away from the bulk ammo from Cabelas, it's UltraMax, and to be quite frank, it's junk reloads, and has been know to blow up several AR's.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I was saying the wolf as he stated. I fired a few hundred rounds through my old MP9 with no problems, but have heard bad things about there .223's. And had a good look at the pics you posted a while back

G56 said:
Wolf works fine in most AR's, there are some that don't like it and have functioning problems, the only way to know for sure is to run a couple of boxes through it and see what the rifle does.

Stay away from the bulk ammo from Cabelas, it's UltraMax, and to be quite frank, it's junk reloads, and has been know to blow up several AR's.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
I've shot quite a bit of Wolf with no problems at all, I use it for my plinking ammo, particularly where you can't pick up the brass easily.

The AR pictured below was blown by Ultramax.

Ultramax quality control.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Yep, there is the demon himself
Scary stuff. How could a company let ammunition like this pass, kind of shows were they stand as far as the customers safety is concerned, not only that that poor AR

G56 said:
I've shot quite a bit of Wolf with no problems at all, I use it for my plinking ammo, particularly where you can't pick up the brass easily.

The AR pictured below was blown by Ultramax.

Ultramax quality control.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I haven't used my AR much ... only have about 400 round thru it, but I've used Wolf & Brown bear (both are steal case I beleive) and haven't had any issues. It's dirty yes but cheap & accurate for the price.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
Here's an interesting video, this guy apparently has a squib, leaving a bullet in the barrel, ejects the case, the forces another cartridge into the chamber, ignoring several warning signs, then is surprised when the rifle blows up on him!

This is how NOT to do it! At the top of the video it says: "Apparently this is very common for m16s.", it's not common at all if you act in a responsible manner.

http://www.break.com/index/m16-back-fires.html

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
WTF
That was by far one of the most stupid things I have seen anyone do. I hope this was a lesson learned for this guy, he may not be as lucky next go round......... :?

G56 said:
Here's an interesting video, this guy apparently has a squib, leaving a bullet in the barrel, ejects the case, the forces another cartridge into the chamber, ignoring several warning signs, then is surprised when the rifle blows up on him!

This is how NOT to do it! At the top of the video it says: "Apparently this is very common for m16s.", it's not common at all if you act in a responsible manner.

http://www.break.com/index/m16-back-fires.html

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone shot the brand of ammo Wideners is selling in the link above? If so what is your opinion.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
PRVI PARTIZAN is made in Serbia, it's good stuff overall, they did have a few problems when they first started making the 5.56 a couple of years ago, but they fixed that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts