MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows of another cheap manufacture of range rnds in .223? Looking for 1k but not looking to spend more than $250......Before you say it I know Wolf/Brown Bear etc work but I am trying to move forward a little.

if anyone has any links I would appreciate it. I have searched high and low, and GD I must say ammo is like gold these days!!

Thanks to all that reply to this topic!!

FF

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YG.

Thanks for the info buddy! And man $190 for 1k FAE is damn good.......Why dont you sell me some....lets say......1k for $190....lmao

I will check them sites out. The cheapest I have found so far are Wolf Military Classic or Wolf black box. But again if I can find another cheap manufacture I might just give them a try!

Thanks again Yukon!

YukonGlocker said:
I usually shoot Federal American Eagle .223 or Federal XM193. Finding a good deal on it is another story. I'm glad I bought a bunch of it when it was $190 per 1000.

I have ordered lots of ammo from here:

http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?contentI...;prodID=FAAE223

I haven't bought from this place; but it's not a bad deal.

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/stor.../product63.html

I'm sure there are some deals out there if you can find them.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Winchester White Box is good, and the brass is good quality, American Eagle is also good but Federal rifle brass isn't the best for reloading. If you can find XM193 it's about the best, if you can find M193 from Guatamala, it is considered to be excellent also, both are in very short supply, AIM Surplus used to have some of the Guat, but it seems to be all gone now.

IMI or Samson, which is IMI's commercial line, both are first class ammo, but VERY hard to find, but watch out for Amerc packaging that claims it's IMI, see photo below, it's Amerc with IMI bullets, putting good bullets in junk ammo, you still have junk ammo.

DO NOT even consider American Ammunition (do not confuse with American Eagle), American Ammunition aka Amerc is some of the worst junk available, if you see someone selling Greek manufactured ammo, some of it is even worse than Amerc, also stay away from the bulk reloaded ammo from Cabelas.

The only commercially reloaded ammo I would trust is Black Hills, but Black Hills is devoting almost all of their production to the military right now.

My stash, and no, it's not for sale!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS JUNK, note the packaging, sometimes it has different names on it, but the same background.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the useful information G56! Good thing you said stay away from Cabelas remanufactured. I was going to buy 500 rnds .45, and 300 rnds of the 9m luger. I was happy thinking about all the free dry boxes I was going to get....lol But I guess I will decline from that thought. I have really been wanting to fire off some of the black hills, but the bulk buys are out of my budget for now, so I might just go with 300-500 rnds cheap nasty Wolf, anmd then buy a few high quality .223 rnds to try out?? I dont know I hate being on a budget.

I thought about buying a press and start re loading myself, but after looking at how much cash is invloved I might have to save a little for that!!!

Anyway before i start rambling on, thanks for the info and the warning on American Ammunition, I was debating on buying a mess of it!!!....lol

G56 said:
Winchester White Box is good, and the brass is good quality, American Eagle is also good but Federal rifle brass isn't the best for reloading. If you can find XM193 it's about the best, if you can find M193 from Guatamala, it is considered to be excellent also, both are in very short supply, AIM Surplus used to have some of the Guat, but it seems to be all gone now.

IMI or Samson, which is IMI's commercial line, both are first class ammo, but VERY hard to find.

DO NOT even consider American Ammunition (do not confuse with American Eagle), American Ammunition aka Amerc is some of the worst junk available, if you see someone selling Greek manufactured ammo, some of it is even worse than Amerc, also stay away from the bulk reloaded ammo from Cabelas.

The only commercially reloaded ammo I would trust is Black Hills, but Black Hills is devoting almost all of their production to the military right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts