MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently asked a local gun smith about a trigger job on my 22A so it would be easier to shoot in matches. Note that I'm not yet participating in anything, but I'd like to consider it.

He followed that up with saying that my 22A is not a competition/match pistol.

What is your opinion on it? It has a 7" barrel, and has been very accurate for me at 25 yards (which is the farthest my indoor range goes). I'm sure it will do a good job beyond 25 yards as well.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Pure crap.

I have a 22a. I would shoot mine in darn near any match that would allow me to shoot it and wouldn't feel I am giving anything up to anyone. Mine can shoot better than I can, is fast and reliable.

I know you have been looking for someone to work yours over, we may just have to talk again just so you can go whoop some guys with a gun that isn't a "match gun" :roll: .

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree with Mr. Burwell. I just shot my 22A in a Steel Challenge match over the weekend and it did its job with no problem. I need to improve, but the gun is just fine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
M47_Dragon said:
I agree with Mr. Burwell. I just shot my 22A in a Steel Challenge match over the weekend and it did its job with no problem. I need to improve, but the gun is just fine.
+10

Although I don't use my 22A for competition I'd put it up against the noted "competitive" .22 pistols. I have shot about 2000 rounds post trigger job with no issues. A friend of mine took a 22A and remodeled it some - trigger job and a set of target grips - stock barrel - no bull barrel. He competes in a bullseye league weekly at the local range and does better than hold his own against the true high dollar target weapons. That said, I would have to say it's the Indian not the arrows.

Perhaps you need find a gunsmith that can suit your needs. The factory trigger is horrible - maybe after X amount of rounds through it will loosen up. I chose not to wait and had mine done locally. Made a huge difference in the gun's performance.& relieved my frustration of a crappy stock trigger.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
During our last Rimfire Challenge, we had a few 22A competing, but I see I am also beating a dead horse with all the commentary.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is why I love forums like these so much. If it weren't for y'all, one seemingly unknowing gun smith could have truly ruined someone's day. I had a feeling he was full of crap. Thanks for confirming!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Don't own one, but have tried out one that a shooting buddy owns. Not a thing wrong with it for something like steel, or even bullseye. For the price he got it for, he's lucky he got to it first.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love my 22A. I've actually never come across a second one that has the same design on the barrel.

I've pm'd Mr. Burwell. Let's see what we can do

1 - 8 of 8 Posts