·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Notice anything unusual about the url?

usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is this a supprise that 98+% believe this? What should give you a hint about is that the vast majority of democrats believe in the right to bear arms. Sadly this is ANOTHER issue that the right wing has brainwash many into thinking is not the case. Especially the NRA.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Do you really think we will see that poll publicized?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Another dumbass question. That's like asking if the phrase "turn right" really means for you to TURN RIGHT! Anyone who has ever actually heard of, or read the second amendment already knows the answer. The 2% who said no, obviously can't read!!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Whoknew72 said:
Another dumbass question. That's like asking if the phrase "turn right" really means for you to TURN RIGHT! Anyone who has ever actually heard of, or read the second amendment already knows the answer. The 2% who said no, obviously are from the Brady Bunch!!!!

Fixed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ironically my wife is in the process of getting her citizenship, she has been a long time permanent resident. In the information packet that that is given to citizen hopefulls to study is a cd which has a civics lesson and goes over the questions which will be asked at the interview. Listening to the cd on a road trip we took today it was stated very clearly that the Bill of Rights gives THE PEOPLE their rights and sets up protection from the government!

How retarded do poeple need to be in order to say the 2nd ammendment does not grant the individual the right to bear arms.............. I am frustrated at the stupidity.

·
Registered
475 Posts
MP40Fan said:
Ironically my wife is in the process of getting her citizenship, she has been a long time permanent resident. In the information packet that that is given to citizen hopefulls to study is a cd which has a civics lesson and goes over the questions which will be asked at the interview. Listening to the cd on a road trip we took today it was stated very clearly that the Bill of Rights gives THE PEOPLE their rights and sets up protection from the government!

How retarded do poeple need to be in order to say the 2nd ammendment does not grant the individual the right to bear arms.............. I am frustrated at the stupidity.

As is my wife. I've listened to the same CD, in the car, ironically.

Where is your wife from? Mine is from the Philippines.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guatemala.

Great CD. I am going to look into any copyright information and see if I can burn a bunch of copies. The chapter 1 civics lesson should be distributed thoughout our schools and general populatoin. Too bad it states that there will be no questions on the chapter 1 section, I am sure most people jump forward to the questions in number 2. Sad, because the civics lesson is good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts