MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second time out with the M&P and the first time with the small grip.

Here's the results. The three on the left are the M&P. The three in the middle are from my Glock 17. The two to the left and one to the top are from my 5.7 IOM. ETA: This is at 7 yards.

The IOM and the G17 were more consistent. I think that's due to their lighter triggers, the fact that I've been shooting them longer, and because I just had a bad time with that second M&P target. If I had more ammo, I would have shot this again. As it was I was down to my last 14 rounds of 9mm and decided to split them up between the G17 and the M&P. The Glock had the edge in the 7 round comparison by 1/4 of an inch.

But there's a catch. The Glock isn't a stock Glock. No, it has a Bar Sto hand fitted barrel, a machined (versus the normal stamped) take-down lever (If you know Glocks you realize this part has a lot to do with how the barrel locks up. A machined lever allows the barrel to return to the same position every time.). The trigger has a 3.5lb connector, and has been modified to have as little pre and over-travel as possible. The trigger itself breaks at 3lbs. The M&P is bone stock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I goofed. The Glock 17 had the stock barrel and take down lever installed. I just looked at it while putting them in the safe. Doh!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I don't know dport, I'd say those M&P groups are pretty damn good considering it's only the second time out with it. You've been shooting the G17 and 5.7 a heck of a lot longer, right?

Looks good to me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts