MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the 325PD? In particular, I'd like to know your thoughts on using this as an IDPA ESR. Do you think it is too light for competition?

This would be my first revolver, and I rather like the idea of maintaining ammo compatibility with my existing .45 ACP autos. The features on the 325PD look right to me, but I'd appreciate some opinions on the shootability of the scandium/titanium version vs. a stainless 625.

Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The 325 PD will not hold up to a steady diet of the 165PF loads that are needed for ESR. I had bought one just before the rule changes a couple years ago figuring shooting minor PF loads would work real well.

When they changed to 165PF, I gave it a try. It beat my hands up pretty bad and the gun shot loose to the point the cylinder hit the forcing cone in about 500 rounds. Fixing the end shake was easy for me but it was not worth the punishment I was taking.

All that said, it is a great carry gun and would work for IDPA with speed loaders and autorim brass in SSR.

Regards,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts