MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 340PD and looking to find out if anybody has one and especially if anybody one with the 405 lasergrip on it.

I would like to know if the grip really does reduce the felt recoil.

I know it will be a handful to shoot with .357s, but after shooting my 500s&w so much, I have found that I’m not as sensitive to recoil as I once was.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I have shot the 340PD with the factory grip, the standard Lazergrip, and the new Lazergrip. I don't think there is any difference with felt recoil between any of them. And I prefer the factory grip.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not shot it yet.

I have 8 more days on my mandatory 10 day wait. I do have a 638 but wanted more punch. I put the hard plastic laser grip (1st generation 205 grip) on it a few years ago. I carry 100gr powerball or 125gr P+ Gold Dot depending on what I have in stock, they are not fun to shoot at the range, but they are not the worst load/gun combo I ever had shot.

I was going to put lasergrips on the 340 regardless, and was hoping that the 405 grips would help with the extra recoil of the 357. I was planning on using Gold Dot 158gr or 135gr Short Barrel as far a carry ammo goes. I'm leaning wore towards the 158gr because I have heard that the recoil has a tendency to hammer out the bullet of the lighter bullets and jam the cylinder.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is my quick and dirty review...

I had the opportunity to shoot my 340 and a 360 together in my opinion the 340 is a better gun only because under recoil of a full .357 load the 360’s hammer bit the web of my hand.

The only malfunctions I had while shooting either gun was with 158gr lead round nose bullets being “hammer pulled” out of the crimp. Speer's short barrel 135gr .357 loads worked very well and there was no evidence of “pulling” on the 5th round (although I did not measure with any interments).

The 405 lasergrip feels a little narrower in my hand then the stock grip, but it did allow me to grasp the gun different, maybe even better. Was it a “magic cure for recoil”? No. Did it help at all with recoil? I’m not sure, after 30-40 rounds of .357, everything started to hurt. I do think the 405 is a better grip then the hard plastic 205 because it is softer, and a lot easer to conceal then the longer 305.

Anybody who is considering getting in on the Buds group buy, go for it. I have had good experiences with Buds in the past. I was able to get mine cheaper on gunbroker/auction arms though, so I encourage everybody to shop around.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,

On the Scandium models the LG-405's air pocket will mainly help with not having a bare backstrap biting the web of your hand when firing. With the aluminum alloy in the Airweights I notice a slight reduction of recoil with the 405, but with the Scandium Airlight models the recoil is so aggressive and excessive a boot style grip just cannot compensate for that.

What you will gain with the 405 aside from less hand web bite is the thinnest boot grip available which you will come to appreciate with pocket carry. Also the many advantages a laser sight brings to the table.

Enjoy the new Lasergrips!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My .02 cents is that size gun 20 yards tops what good is a lazer? I have a PC 640

and a 340pd sc reg sights.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts