MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email back from S&W stating "the new 357 should be out in a month or so"

Short but to the point.

Here's hoping!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Several weeks ago I received an e from S&W saying that the M&P 357SIG compacts would ship beginning 8/22/07 and that the full sized would begin shipping 8/29/07. Note that I include the year. If they've got more 40 cal orders coming in from fed and LE, we'll be lucky to see ours this year.

Hope springs eternal.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
jediihaf said:
[quote name='modiecast']They are in stock at www.policeguns.com

WOW!
How fantastic![/quote]

Its not uncommon for new pistols to be listed on dealers/distributors websites before they are available. For example, the HK45 and P30 are listed on different websites despite the fact they haven't been released yet. Maybe the M&P .357 Sig models are rolling out, I don't know, I'm just saying...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not certain, but I do know that until a week ago it was listed as out of stock and now it is showing in stock. Worth a call to them if you've been waiting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know about Clyde Armory (www.policeguns.com), but my LE dealer called S&W this morning and they told my dealer that we're now looking at shipments of the M&P 357SIG's beginning in mid September. What year that will be, I don't know, but I have doubts.

Ludicrous. Mine's been on order since June 3rd. If this is an example of S&W veracity and service, what happens if we need parts or repairs? They won't ship in September, 2007, either, at this rate.

One tee'd off S&W customer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hammsailor said:
I don't know about Clyde Armory (www.policeguns.com), but my LE dealer called S&W this morning and they told my dealer that we're now looking at shipments of the M&P 357SIG's beginning in mid September. What year that will be, I don't know, but I have doubts.

Ludicrous. Mine's been on order since June 3rd. If this is an example of S&W veracity and service, what happens if we need parts or repairs? They won't ship in September, 2007, either, at this rate.

One tee'd off S&W customer.

Are you serious? You ordered a weapon in June that wasn't even developed yet and you're pissed that it hasn't shipped? Explain to everyone what guarantee, if any, that you recieved about the shipment of this gun. Why would this be an example of S&W giving bad service? Maybe you can call and have them send you one of the prototypes so you can figure out for yourself what the holdup is. :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
On June 3rd, a call by my dealer to S&W produced a "likelihood" of shipment mid-July. Then they said 8/21 and 8/29. Now they say sometime in September. S&W's LE arms sales manager told me by e-mail that the 40's were taking up all of the production time. Wouldn't you be pissed, especially since Clyde Armory already has the "developed and produced" S&W SIG357? I find it somehat amazing that only one dealer in the US has these pistols, don't you? This means that S&W ran the line at some time.....or Clyde's are counterfeits. My dealer is an LE and fed dealer and has stores around the US, buys tons from S&W. Something's rotten in Denmark, here, especially since people claim that they have bought the gun at gun shows.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hammsailor said:
Wouldn't you be pissed

Not really? I have a $13,000 '08 Yamaha FX SHO on order with a $500 non-refundable deposit down with no delivery date set in stone. Could be Dec, but more likely Feb. or March. Nobody knows. If it's later I wouldn't be upset, gives me more time to save up and pay more off.

This is why a lot of companies hate, and sometimes refuse, taking deposits or pre-orders on products. They don't want their customers getting pissed or upset because the company has their money, but they have no product. I know Magpul won't take pre-orders on their UBR's, AAC won't take pre-orders on their .50BMG suppressors, etc. because they don't want upset customers.

And who took your order/deposit? Smith & Wesson, or your dealer? If it was your dealer I don't see how you could be upset with S&W...

Also I take it you're not into the NFA game(silencers, machine guns, SBR's, etc.) otherwise you should be used to paying for something and waiting months on end to receive it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
dealer, noun.

1. a person who makes his living by buying and selling.

I other words Hammsailor, your issue is with your point of purchase not the manufacture.

T-Out

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, my dealer (an LE and fed dealer) didn't take a cent, just my legit order. And, if you would read my prior posts (which you apparently did not), you'd see that S&W has been making promises to me (and us). The dealer is not at fault here. And yes, I am into machine guns. I have a legal Maxum water-cooled 8mm from the Spandau warehouse, 1918, in beautiful condition. Read prior comments before you throw your 2 cents worth in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts