MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
We should start a pool. Maybe it could be a fundraiser for the forum. 8)

My vote is Nov 15, and that's optimistic.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Confirmed: Octember Eleventeenth.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
sof said:
Confirmed: Octember Eleventeenth.

I will take that date in the pool

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I spoke to someone from Smith today who told me that they're already shipping, but initial production is going to the New Mexico state police, highway patrol, or whatever they call themselves.

·
Registered
14 Posts
.357 sig is not selling well in any pistol.

Mainly a few law agencies buying them.

I personally Believe the .357 sig is the best defence calibre ever.

It Smokes the .45 and in 125gr has the velocity and same size lead as the

Undisputed king of Man stoppers, the 125gr .357 mag.

My Reason for Liking the .357 sig

Lower recoil than a .40

The Power of the357 mags most famous cartridge.

Accuracy and flat shooting better than 9,40 or 45.

Penetration Power ,If You need to break a windshield or car door.

Much More controllable than the 357 mag but with all the benefits + High Capacity Mags.

Any one Who says a 45 is better has never shot a 357 sig.

Ive Shot Car Doors and just put dents in them with a .45

Maybe they will go through the new plastic doors though, I haven't tried it lately.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
yur_maker said:
.357 sig is not selling well in any pistol.

Mainly a few law agencies buying them.

I personally Believe the .357 sig is the best defence calibre ever.

It Smokes the .45 and in 125gr has the velocity and same size lead as the

Undisputed king of Man stoppers, the 125gr .357 mag.

My Reason for Liking the .357 sig

Lower recoil than a .40

The Power of the357 mags most famous cartridge.

Accuracy and flat shooting better than 9,40 or 45.

Penetration Power ,If You need to break a windshield or car door.

Much More controllable than the 357 mag but with all the benefits + High Capacity Mags.

Any one Who says a 45 is better has never shot a 357 sig.

Ive Shot Car Doors and just put dents in them with a .45

Maybe they will go through the new plastic doors though, I haven't tried it lately.
http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4607

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just downloaded the catalog from S&W's website. It has listed a 357sig. Not sure if this has been posted before but I thought I would share it with you...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fwiw, the 40 mags are also co-stamped 357 sig. i know it is in the catalog, but i have been unable to order one for resale because they do not exist.

been in the catalog since day 1, and the picture is on the web site.....

just not being made yet.....and i darn near hippy skippy want one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
rjhauser said:
been in the catalog since day 1, and the picture is on the web site...

You need to view the larger picture. Its the 40 in the picture. Oh, and the M&P9, itsthe 40 in tat picture too... lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Last I talked with S&W, they told me December. And before that it was suppose to be mid July, and before that, it was suppose to be February. So,.... we will see...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just got off the phone with S&W.... He said they just started shipping them out. They should be everywhere in 2 to 3 weeks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I called S&W again just now and the guy was a complete DICK. He said he had no idea today nor would he tomorrow. He said that they do not let anyone know when to expect them. They do show on the updated price list, but that doesnt mean ****. They have been on their website ever since the M&Ps were released, just not available. Its really starting to irritate me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Evil Joker said:
I called S&W again just now and the guy was a complete DICK. He said he had no idea today nor would he tomorrow. He said that they do not let anyone know when to expect them. They do show on the updated price list, but that doesnt mean shiz. They have been on their website ever since the M&Ps were released, just not available. Its really starting to irritate me.

Don't take this wrong way but why would you want to spen the $$$ on buying a 357 M&P???? If you have the .40 like I do then just wait until the 357 barrell is available. I also have a glock 23 (yeah I said it, I have a glock :twisted: ) and purchased a stormlake barrell in the 357 sig. I'm going to purchased the 357 barrell for my m&p when it becomes available. Two guns basically for the price of one

·
Registered
10 Posts
Went in wed to get a 40 and just do a barrel swap, and what lay on the counter with 3 other guys looking at it. yes a .357 sig, so as soon as i told that shop owner i wanted it he pulled it from the other guys and i am loading for it now

1 - 20 of 22 Posts