MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
We have yet to see a fullsize or compact 357Sig on store shelves.

I really like the 357Sig cartridge; hopefully they are on store shelves soon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
.357Sig compact MP

I would be pleased to be able to get a .357Sig barrel that I could put in my MP40c ! :wink:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Isn't recoil more like a .40 than a 9mm? This is a very interesting cartridge to me mainly because I've never shot one.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Yes. Some people say 357Sig recoils more than .40.

Some people say that .40 recoils more than 357Sig.

·
Registered
170 Posts
roadrat52 said:
Will the 357Sig barrel fit in the full size 9mm :?:

What about Magazines :?:

How would that work anyway :?:

should use the same mag as the .40 cal

thats how it works with the XD's that i have

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm still waiting to see the M&P .357c in my area. I haven't even seen the full size M&P .357 yet.

Take Care and God Bless!

Ronin

·
Registered
763 Posts
I put a couple hundred rounds through my dad's .357sig 229 a couple weeks ago. I didn't notice much more recoil than a 9mm. Its definitely louder, but the increase in recoil was pretty small, IMHO. I don't think i'd like to $17 per box of ammo though.

·
Registered
638 Posts
This will be the gun I get. I am a diehard .357Sig shooter/reloader. After the .45ACP, it is my favorite caliber. Love my P239 Sig and XDService both in .357Sig and I recently converted my Glock 27 to .357 Sig as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ditto what Kraigster414 said.

I'm not a reloader but the 357SIG is my favorite round for personal defense. I carry a P239DAK with CT grips in the spring/summer and a USPc in the fall/winter both in 357SIG.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Love my Sig P239, Glock 27, and XD Service all now in.357 Sig. I enjoy shooting the .357 Sig more than the .40SW, carry it for defense, and next to the .45 ACP, it's my favorite caliber. And thanks to reloading (I can load a box of 50 for about $6), I get to shoot it a lot. Everyone should have at least one gun in .357 Sig. It's a hoot and a half to shoot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The .357 sig is one of my favorite carry rounds. The other is .357 magnum. I always carry a S&W 340PD with .357 magnum rounds. Sometimes it's supplemented with either a SIG 229 in .357 sig or a Sig 239 in .357 sig. You can't find a flatter shooting round in a handgun than a .357 sig.

I will too have a S&W M&P compact in .357sig.

Dennis

·
Registered
638 Posts
Received an e-mail from the S&W LE rep in my area and he indicated that there are no immediate plans to introduce the M&P in .357Sig. Much to the dismay of those like myself who love the .357Sig and would jump at the chance to get one, it still remains somewhat of a cult caliber. The .40 remains strong as does the 9mm, and the .45 ACP is more popular than ever - these are the platforms the factory is concentrating on for the time being.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My wife is interested in the M&P .357 Sig and she called S&W on Wednesday to get a status. She was told that they will ship in August.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts