MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was back at the range again last night and went through another 200 rounds (500 total) on my MP9. Even though I'm off target a little I love this gun. I kept going a little low and left. According to the shooters wheel thing, My finger is not on the trigger correctly, I'm tightening fingers, and jerking. I probably do have my finger position on the trigger off, but I cant tell if I'm doing the others or not. Any of you know of any drywall tricks to help remedy this?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried both the medium and large. I have fairly big hands. I couldnt tell much difference at the time I was shooting.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
You might want to try the small back strap once to see how it goes. I know that when I go to a larger back strap I start creeping low and left. Just a thought and it can't hurt to try it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
How far low and how much left? Check the front sight. Is it centered? Also, what weight ammo were you using.

As I understand it, 115gr shoots lower than 124 or 147. Your low may come up with different ammo weight.

My M&P9 shot about 2" left and about 4"-6" low, depending on distance. I shot fairly good groups with it when I wasn't trying to use Kentucky windage to get the impact on the center of the target. Actually, I went through a period that by using the dot on the front sight instead of the top of the blade, I could center on target. I also found some flaws in technique that weren't helping me out. took a good look at the pistol and discovered that the front sight was a tad to the right. After 1500 rounds of fixing the shooter and trying to get the "right" sight picture, I sent the pistol back to S&W. A week later it came back with a centered front sight with lower blade. It still shoots a tad low (0.5-1") but the left is gone (115gr).

Check your technique. Have someone else shoot it. If you are convinced that it truly is a low shooter, I'd send it back to S&W for a check. Their customer service has been outstanding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts