MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was shooting my Kahr PM9 and M&P.40

I had both boxes of ammo on the bench. I some how loaded one .40 round in to my kahr pm9 mag, and did not know about it. On the 3rd shot JAM I realized what I did. I removed the .40 round and my Kahr was fine. ? Now what would happen if I have done it the other way. Put a 9mm in to my .40 mag.

·
Registered
257 Posts
skar said:
Last night I was shooting my Kahr PM9 and M&P.40

I had both boxes of ammo on the bench. I some how loaded one .40 round in to my kahr pm9 mag, and did not know about it. On the 3rd shot JAM I realized what I did. I removed the .40 round and my Kahr was fine. ? Now what would happen if I have done it the other way. Put a 9mm in to my .40 mag.
it probably would have gone off.

I had a guy hand me his gun, that wasn't "cycling". Fire, bang, no recoil, no slide movement. Tap, Rack, Fire. Same thing...poped the mag...had 9mm rounds in his .40. It was a glock 22, and wasn't damaged at all.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had a guy hand me his gun, that wasn't "cycling". Fire, bang, no recoil, no slide movement. Tap, Rack, Fire. Same thing...poped the mag...had 9mm rounds in his .40. It was a glock 22, and wasn't damaged at all.

Well, I wouldn't try to reload the 9 mm brass after that.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
you can actually prebell a 9mm case if your reloading by firing it through a 40. It really expands the case.

BTW, the 40 and 9mm will slide out of a 45 barrel...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts