MP-Pistol Forum banner

.40c Range report

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  gunpacker 
#1 ·
I was finally able to make it to the range after listening to my .40c complaining about being stuck in the safe for more than two weeks. Admittedly, I chose the M&Pc mostly after comparing full size versions of several other guns, including the XD. I was hoping that the full size comparisons would work out the same for the compact versions. Fortunately, it seems for me, I was right.

I haven't cleaned it yet, so today's test was "out of the box". I really like the way it felt.It was comfortable in my hand with the med. palm swells. It was not nearly as snappy as the XD subcompact and the trigger pull was about the right distance. Of course, just like everyone else's, the trigger felt gritty, but it broke cleanly and without too much travel. My first shot out at 10 yards was a little off, but the next 20 or so were in a two inch group. I was very pleased with that consistency. However, when I went out to about 17 yards, I noticed that my shots were getting a bit high. I never had that problem before. Usually when I shoot, if I'm off, I'm down and left due to anticipation. I've never been UP before. But, I'm not totally convinced I like the sight picture. So I may have to look at some other sights out there. I'll head back to the range as soon as I can and put more rounds down range. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Also, I forgot my ears at home, so I had to pick up some 'foamies' at the range. That made me a little jumpier with everyone shooting around me. We'll see if the same thing happens next when when I bring the right hearing protection.

As I mentioned before, recoil was not as much as I thought it would be. I was able to regain sight picture and get another solid shot off very quickly. I was debating between the 9 and the .40 and I went with the .40, hoping that the .40 would still be really fun to shoot (my definition of 'fun to shoot' means as little recoil as possible!). To my relief it was.

In comparison to my duty Beretta, this gun is a joy to shoot. The trigger pull on my Beretta is about double the weight and 500 times as far. It was nice shooting a handgun that didn't give my trigger finger fatigue! It was fun, and now I just have to convince my armorer to give me more ammo for, um . . . safe keeping!

See less See more
#7 ·
Hey ParkPoPo,

Thanks for the range report,, no problems with the little guy ????

How many rounds did you feed it the first time ??

What kind of chow did you feed it ???

P.S. I'm starting to get that itch to buy a compact .40 M&P myself.....

Thanks

Ken

gunpacker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.