MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 40c to the range for the fist time and shot 2, 5 round groups and was hitting an inch or so to the right and an inch or so low at 7 yards.. I looked at the front site and saw that it was off center about .02 I estimated. I trig'ed it out at home and moving it .025 should bring it to center line. Still need to adjust the poi higher. I did end up shotting about 150 rounds through it and was consistantly off to the right and low. And it was prporionally off the greater the distance. The up side is using a make shift rest I held one 5 shot group to within 1 inch at 7 yards. But it was still 1 inch low and to the right.

·
Registered
35 Posts
balin said:
Took my 40c to the range for the fist time and shot 2, 5 round groups and was hitting an inch or so to the right and an inch or so low at 7 yards.. I looked at the front site and saw that it was off center about .02 I estimated. I trig'ed it out at home and moving it .025 should bring it to center line. Still need to adjust the poi higher. I did end up shotting about 150 rounds through it and was consistantly off to the right and low. And it was prporionally off the greater the distance. The up side is using a make shift rest I held one 5 shot group to within 1 inch at 7 yards. But it was still 1 inch low and to the right.

If you are new to shooting pistols, I would let a buddy or someone who is a very good shooter, shoot the gun for accuracy. A skilled shooter can easily determine if the gun is consistently shooting off. IMO, You need to be a good shooter before you start moving sights as your inconsistantes in grip/sight aligment/etc can cause the same problems you are experiencing.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Like the poster above I recommend leaving the sights where they are for now.

Get some more range time in and have someone else shoot it first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts