MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The .40 is ok,... but it does not have the oomph a .45 does on the human body.

A .45 is badly needed and I dont mean GAP, .45ACP is the only round I prefer to use. :mrgreen:

I hear one is in the works, anyone know how long till its out?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Engineering is saying before the shot show.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Darn it!! I was hoping they wouldn't make one. I already have a .45ACP XD. I can't afford another one, and don't need one. Darn it!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is the reason I didn't buy a 45acp yet.. I came real close to getting a XD-45.. But when I found out about the M&P 45 coming out.. I decided to wait..

·
Registered
307 Posts
There are shootable prototypes circulating within some circles. Unfortunately, I am not part of that group. However, the word is that it is very close to the same size as the 9 and 40 with a 10rd. mag capacity.

·
Registered
39 Posts
JohnN said:
There are shootable prototypes circulating within some circles. Unfortunately, I am not part of that group. However, the word is that it is very close to the same size as the 9 and 40 with a 10rd. mag capacity.

10 rd??? I wondered about this, I just ordered the XD and with 13+1, I am hoping that it is a great gun. I am sure if the M&P comes out with the 45ACP, I will have to get one too, since I already have the 40 and the 9mm after all. I will accomplish the .357sig with a .40 barrel change in the future so I will have a complete set, except for the compact models...Gheeez, this is gettin expensive!!!!!!LOL

·
Registered
94 Posts
DJ said:
I will accomplish the .357sig with a .40 barrel change in the future so I will have a complete set, except for the compact models...Gheeez, this is gettin expensive!!!!!!LOL
Has anyone tried to get a .357 sig barrel yet? I'd be real interested in that.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'll take a slim 10 rounder over a fatter 13. I'm anxious to see this gun, it might be THE CDP class gun for IDPA.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DJ said:
[quote name='JohnN']There are shootable prototypes circulating within some circles. Unfortunately, I am not part of that group. However, the word is that it is very close to the same size as the 9 and 40 with a 10rd. mag capacity.

10 rd??? I wondered about this, I just ordered the XD and with 13+1, I am hoping that it is a great gun. I am sure if the M&P comes out with the 45ACP, I will have to get one too, since I already have the 40 and the 9mm after all. I will accomplish the .357sig with a .40 barrel change in the future so I will have a complete set, except for the compact models...Gheeez, this is gettin expensive!!!!!!LOL[/quote]

What compact models? Where?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sigkim said:
Man, I mean my Glock 30 for as small and accurate it is it holds 10 rnds

guess I wont be gettin a 45 M&P then.

But it feels like shooting a 2x4! I cant stand the feel of a Glock. How do you deal with it? I'm seroius. There a freakin great gun mind you but the feel of the grip..
arrrgh!

I convert glockers on a regular basis just by putting a gun with a good ergo feel to it in their hands.

My M&P.40 (soon to be .45) feels like one of my 4 1911's that makes my grip change almost identical. I didnt have to retrain myself to get superb hits my first time at the range. But glock? No way. Theres just nothing there for me.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I would be really surprised if the 45 holds 10 rounds.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It needs to, thats for sure!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Just to test this out I took one of my mags apart put 10 empty 45 cases in and put the spring back in. No it wasn't easy to get the spring in but I got it, So I would have to say with the current lenght mags they should be able to get 10 in there, and it looks like to me with a change in the"funnel" at the top of the mag they may be able to get 11 maybe even 12, but doing in doing that the stacking might not be right.

Dan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Puffy said:
[quote name='Sigkim']Man, I mean my Glock 30 for as small and accurate it is it holds 10 rnds

guess I wont be gettin a 45 M&P then.

But it feels like shooting a 2x4! I cant stand the feel of a Glock. How do you deal with it? I'm seroius. There a freakin great gun mind you but the feel of the grip..
arrrgh!

I convert glockers on a regular basis just by putting a gun with a good ergo feel to it in their hands.

My M&P.40 (soon to be .45) feels like one of my 4 1911's that makes my grip change almost identical. I didnt have to retrain myself to get superb hits my first time at the range. But glock? No way. Theres just nothing there for me.[/quote]

The grip does not bother me, just a change in the wrist. If you have bigger hands holding a G30 is not a problem!

I also own Sig's classics but I do now prefer the Glocks, but this new M&P is a nice refined glock!

The simplicity ,durability and accuracy of the Glock is what I love! It just takes some time to warm up to a Glock.

So this M&P has alot going for it and I will be getting some soon!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah! The wrist too! I'm right with ya.

It just dosent feel normal or comfortable to me at all. I just cant deal with it. 1911's Walther's CZ and the like are my style in autos.

S&W all the way in wheel guns. A gun of mine has to fit me not me fit it. 8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts