MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm considering an M&P .45. I was wondering if the .45 is subject to some of the earlier/present problems i.e., striker and mag catch? Or is the .45 free from those problems due to its later release date? Thanks.

God Bless,

David

·
Registered
308 Posts
I believe you will find them to be free of all of the earlier issues. Mine has been flawless. Come on in, the water is nice!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
tsix said:
Come on in, the water is nice!!!
Cannon Baaaall!!

Mines been great, no complaints.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine has been flawless since Sept. 2007. Lots of fun and I picked up a twin for it a few weeks back. It will be at the range next week.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I got mine back in November and have had no problems with 600 rounds down the tube so far...except finding time to shoot it.
Then I got a .40 last month, and have the same situation!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bought mine right before Thanksgiving. Excellent pistol with roughly 500 rnds to date. Will look to another one if they come out with the 45 compact model.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
A lot of the first .45's I saw had horrible triggers, uneven finishes, and oddly fitted extractors that stuck way out and had very little finish on them. Also some of the magazine welds were huge. i waited a little and now have two that were excellent out of the box. I haven't seen a bad one in quite awhile. In fact all the M&P's I've been seeing lately look great.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steelshooter said:
i waited a little and now have two that were excellent out of the box. I haven't seen a bad one in quite awhile. In fact all the M&P's I've been seeing lately look great.

That's good news. I have one one order. Thanks.

God Bless,

David

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steelshooter said:
i waited a little and now have two that were excellent out of the box. I haven't seen a bad one in quite awhile. In fact all the M&P's I've been seeing lately look great.

That's good news. I have one on order. Thanks.

God Bless,

David

·
Registered
171 Posts
Steelshooter said:
A lot of the first .45's I saw had horrible triggers, uneven finishes, and oddly fitted extractors that stuck way out and had very little finish on them. Also some of the magazine welds were huge. i waited a little and now have two that were excellent out of the box. I haven't seen a bad one in quite awhile. In fact all the M&P's I've been seeing lately look great.

Any idea what range of serial#s these first batches of unpleasant units have? This might be useful for us because some of the units in the dealer here were shipped from the US few months back and might still be older stocks. At least we'll have a basis of what could be the newer ones. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts