MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read all the posts and called S+W. S+W says if I want the ambi safety Ill have to live with the brw frame. But that was the dude on the phone and 1/2 the time they know dikk. Does anyone know for sure. I want the safeties and I want black. thnx sj

·
Registered
264 Posts
Youre out of luck. For starters the FDE will be the only one with the safety. There is a thread somewhere that lists the SKU's for the new models.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Than i think ill get the blk and hope a safety can be fitted later. thnx for the reply. sj

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The frames are both the same so you can buy a black one without the safety then buy the sear block from S&W and drop it into the black frame, then you get your black frame with the thumb safety. Other wise you will have to wit until they decide to make it both ways for the consumers.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yep that's what I'll be doing as well I just cannot get used to a brown frame.

·
Registered
505 Posts
will the sear block from the 45 with the thumb safety fit in a 40 or are the sears block different?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I won't know for certain if what you are thinking can be done until I get one. I have on good word that they are the same dimensions, so then it is just a matter of cutting the frame correctly for the levers to extend through.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kramer... I have ordered a blk. If you want to gert rid of that safety let me know. If there is a way we can exchange parts and each get what we want. I would like to send mine to one of the smiths on here to get a trigger job and stippling done. Do you plan the same?

·
Registered
106 Posts
sending it out for work?

Nope, if its anything like my 9, I'll be happy with both the trigger and the grips.

It's a combat handgun. :wink:

Ive already got a "glass-rod" trigger and "grippy checkering" with my Dan Wesson 1911 Comander Bobtail.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hope youre rite... but everything Ive heard says the saftey model will only be in blk at least for a while. sj

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Dark Earth Brown W/Safety +1.....

I like the Dark Earth Brown and I like the manuel safety so I guess I'm in luck (or soon will be). If you don't like the safety, but own a gun with a safety, just don't use it, no one makes you use it. :roll:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts