MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have all rumors about this gone to ground? Seemed like we were on the verge of a major announcement a few months ago now just the sound of nothing........

Anyone in the know able to comment?

Fred

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Fred_Scuttle said:
Have all rumors about this gone to ground? Seemed like we were on the verge of a major announcement a few months ago now just the sound of nothing........

Anyone in the know able to comment?

Fred

I don't know what rumors you're hearing but I heard and continue to hear we should see one at SHOT Show in early February.

Typically manufactures will reveal new models at SHOT since all the industry folks are there.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Cajun Man said:
I think there is to much demand and too many 45 lovers for them not to make it.

I tend to agree with this. Same thing happened with the Crimson Trace laser.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I wanna know how many its going to hold. Probably only 8 or 9?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know what the usual announcement to retail time lag from SHOT is?

Debut in Feb - for sale in March?

Gettin all giddy at thought of how to use tax return.....

MP45c + CCW Class = tax return well spent.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Fred_Scuttle said:
Does anyone know what the usual announcement to retail time lag from SHOT is?

It varies tremendously. For example, at SHOT 2007 Smith showed a 5" version of the M&P. But that gun never came into existence. At SHOT 2008, they'll show a different 5" design, which should hit stores before Summer.

SIG showed the 556 and even took orders for it at SHOT 2006 (in February), but guns didn't start to trickle out of the factory until the very end of the year. At SHOT 2007, many people had still never seen one and most dealers were treating it like a new introduction.

Glock showed their 21SF at SHOT 2007, and they didn't start showing up until much later in the year, too.

Some SHOT "introductions" are really little more than prototype/concept demonstrations, and others are full production examples with inventory already in stock ready to ship.

The smaller M&P45 variants are much closer to the latter than the former.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This will be my next purchase if when they come about. Im sure supply will be limited at first but eventually Ill get one. I think everyone I have talked to in the gun area seems to want to get one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was bummed when i went to the gun shop this week and bought my 40c. The M&P selection was almost gone across the board, and they said they were not ordering any new guns until the SHOT show. I wanted to cry. . . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts