MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ain't a rumor--The latest Smith catalog mentions a 5-inch barrel M&P. Anyone have an idea when these might come out. I was going to buy a M&P45, but now I am thinking about holding out for something with a longer barrel. Perhaps by then maybe the Heinie sights will be out too and then the world will be a more beautiful place.

In the meantime, I'll just shoot my M&P9. Man life is tough

·
Registered
240 Posts
Of course it's not a rumor. It was on display at the SHOT show this year. Nice trigger with fiber optic front sight and Novak rear sight. Ideal for IDPA and USPSA Production class.

Here is a picture posted by another member.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Ricky T said:
Of course it's not a rumor. It was on display at the SHOT show this year. Nice trigger with fiber optic front sight and Novak rear sight. Ideal for IDPA and USPSA Production class.

Here is a picture posted by another member.

Holy Jesus that is AWESOME!!!!! Man O Man O Man

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why wouldn't they offer them in all the calibers. I'm not sure anyone uses 357 Sig in competition, but other than that, it surely seems reasonable to offer 9, 40, and 45.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would just like to know a time frame on when we might see them in gunstores. Late 07, early 08? This is putting a serious damper on my pistol acquisition schedule. Someone should know someone who know's something about the guns and approximate dates. You would think since the main flagship guns are in the market it wouldn't take long to get a long slide version into production. But I don't know rat about that stuff so I'll quite writing now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I called S&W a couple of weeks ago, and was told that they'd be shipping "this month." I think we should all start calling them daily and pestering them to make it happen!

·
Registered
157 Posts
5" with standard or night sites would make an excellent LEO weapon.

Bring it on.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well, I'm the only one that wanted straight serrations and now that I see them, they look like poo. I'm glad I didn't do that to my 9c yet. I was wishing they made a 5" yesterday.... Very cool. I was hoping for some 18 rnd mags too but maybe thats getting a little too optimistic.

Thanks for the pic Ricky T.

·
Registered
533 Posts
johndoe1027 said:
Well, I'm the only one that wanted straight serrations and now that I see them, they look like poo. I'm glad I didn't do that to my 9c yet. I was wishing they made a 5" yesterday.... Very cool. I was hoping for some 18 rnd mags too but maybe thats getting a little too optimistic.

Thanks for the pic Ricky T.

I have posted this on other threads, but I'll post it again.

This gun at the SHOT Show is just a prorotype!!

This is not an actual representation of a REAL PRODUCTION GUN!!

What will it look like??

Who knows??

I sure don't.

Y

·
Registered
255 Posts
It would certainly seem that a 5" M&P is a no-brainer for Smith & Wesson, especially now that former SSG Goloski is representing them smartly with the M&P in production class events. Many other competitive shooters would undoubtedly enjoy the longer barrel and added front-end heft as well.

Can't wait to see what they unveil in that department and hope to see it sooner than later!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts