MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently told by S&W that the M&P45 5" will be released in September. I hope this is true!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any news? Cmon smith. Give us a 5 incher with a full slide , bomar sites , beveled mag well , larger thumb safety. Hmmm.. that outta do it. :-]

·
Registered
6 Posts
stanleyshields said:
I was recently told by S&W that the M&P45 5" will be released in September. I hope this is true!!!!!

Will this be a compact, or is it more of a "Commander" style where the big difference is just the slide length? Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If they are making the barrel longer, how would that make it a compact??? haha...that doesn't make sense to me personally.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Tick tock, tick tock,tick tock,tick tock,tick tock,tick tock,............. :twisted:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently saw a picture of what is supposed to be the next M&P 45: a commander style ~ full size frame with shorter barrel. I believe it was a 4 inch barrel. It was said to be due out soon.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
That's not much of a change considering it's only taking .25 off the barrel length of the MP45.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'd prefer to see them shorten the .45 bbl instead of lengthening it. Something closer to the 3.75" or 4" range with a 10+1 capacity.

That, to me, would be a more appealing than the existing .45ACP config-

To go one further, I'd like to see a "tactical 9mm" with a 5 (or so) inch bbl.

-B

P.S. I apologize in advance if the answers to these are out there and I haven't come across them on this forum.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Boris said:
I'd prefer to see them shorten the .45 bbl instead of lengthening it. Something closer to the 3.75" or 4" range with a 10+1 capacity.
I'd buy a 4" MP45 with 10+1.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts