MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for my birthday, my wife gave me 200 rounds and a $50.00 gift certificate to the store where I bought my M&P.

Since I don't need ammo, what should I spend my $50 on? (or what should I apply it towards).

They're a pretty big store and have quite a good selection.

Thoughts?

Edit - MODS: I just realized this thread might be better under "Accessories" feel free to move it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Targets, hearing protection, shooting glasses?

I vote ammo cause you can never have too much - and 200 definitely ain't enough.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I agree, when I am down to 200 rnds I feel hollow. Then again there is so much accessories out there, who knows what I would do.....lol

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i would put it towards something you like, but wont necessarily buy with your own cash. Thats usally how i end up with things ive always wanted but wont buy myself, gift cards!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree that ammo is a good idea.

to clarify, I did already have a couple hundred round and she just doubled my supply. So I guess I am still a little low but I think my train of thought is...

... like mad212 said, I want to put it towards something I wouldn't buy on my own.

Maybe I'll look into some better eye protection or maybe a shooting glove? or save up and get a cool light attachment or extra magazines.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Jeff 9mm M&P said:
I wish my wife would buy me ammo.

I just wish i could sneak in the house w/o the wife asking "what do you need all those bullets for?"

·
Registered
119 Posts
Silly question, but do you have the cleaning accessories that you need?

1 more magazine and some more ammo would be my choice.

·
Registered
167 Posts
+1 on the extra mag and ammo. . . . assuming you already have eyes, ears, a decent holster, spare mag holder, belt, range bag, cleaning supplies, and a legitimate safe or lockbox for when you're done using all the aforementioned.
How much was the gift certificate for again???

-B

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I vote for more ammo or a Burwell trigger job. You might not want the full boat job if you carry. YMMV

·
Registered
147 Posts
Jeff 9mm M&P said:
I wish my wife would buy me ammo.

My wife got tired of listening to me biotch about the high cost of ammo all the time. She bought me a Dillon 550. I'm gonna keep her!

$50 would buy some great accessories!! Holster, mag pouches, muffs, shooting glasses, etc., etc., etc..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since it's a gift, i'd apply to something that will last, new earmuffs, glasses, somthing the wife will see you using and enjoying for a while vs something that's expendable like ammo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts